Northampton Area School District
THE MORNING AFTER
A Capsule of the Board of Education's Deliberations and Actions
School Board Meeting
April 16, 2007
(Unofficial Summary Subject to Revision)
· Resignation of Rebecca Lorah, Student Council Co-Advisor at the High School, effective June 30, 2007.
· Unpaid childrearing leave for Erica Amato, Grade 3 teacher at Lehigh Elementary School, for the period of December 20, 2007, through December 21, 2007.
· Half-year sabbatical for Pamela Hoffner, Gifted Coordinator and Environmental Science Teacher at the High School, for the purpose of professional development, for the first semester of the 2007-08 school year. Ms. Hoffner will return to the classroom for the second semester of the 2007-08 school year.
· Addition to the District Volunteer Master Listing for the 2006-07 school year: Krystal Frantz - George Wolf.
· One-year extension of unpaid childrearing leave for Angela Buskirk, Grade 5 Teacher at George Wolf Elementary School, for the 2007-08 school year.
· Half-year sabbatical for April Krempasky, German Teacher at the High School, for the purpose of professional development, for the first semester of the 2007-08 school year. Ms. Krempasky will return to the classroom on the first day of the second semester of the 2007-08 school year.
· Resignation of Anne Marouchoc from the position of Career Education Counselor/Teacher, effective June 12 or the last teacher day of the 2006-07 school year.
· Resignation of Deanna Shanahan, Math Teacher at the Middle School, effective April 5, 2007.
· Authorization for the administration to advertise and begin the hiring process for new personnel as requested with the 2007-08 budget.
· Appointment of Dr. Kathleen Ott to the position of Director of Data/ Grants/Special Programs at an annual salary of $100,000.00, effective July 1, 2007.
· Leo O’Donnell as a Semi-Skilled Maintenance Person, effective April 17, 2007. His salary will be $17.73 per hour, in accordance with the current collective bargaining agreement, with benefits.
· List of summer school instructors and their reimbursement based on the current Supplemental Reimbursement for Extra Services - Curriculum and Instruction. Effective dates of the program will be from June 22, 2007, through August 3, 2007.
· Attendance of Phil Moser, Technology Technician, and Silke Keeler, Network Specialist, at the Classrooms for the Future technical training in a location to be determined on April 24-27 and May 1-4, 2007, at an estimated cost of $444.80.
· Sarah Wascura and Rebecca Wagner to accompany eighteen National Honor Society students to Hershey Park on May 18 & 19, 2007. There will be no cost to the district.
· Attendance of Jayne Hartzog, Instructional Technology Specialist, at the One-to-One Computing Conference at Penn State University, University Park, PA, from June 18-20, 2007, at no cost to the district.
· Mandi Smith and Nicole Jones, Dance Team Coaches, and Cara Hillenbrand, Twirlers Coach, to chaperone thirty-four (34) students to participate in the Dance and Twirling Championship Competition in Wildwood, NJ, May 3-6, 2007. Cost to the district will be limited to the transportation cost of approximately $1,600.00.
· Brad Mushrush, Beth Donnelly, and four FBLA students to attend/compete in the FBLA State Competition/Conference at Hershey, PA, on April 30, May 1 & 2, 2007, at a total cost to district of $2,087.00.
· Acceptance of PlanCon Part K: Project Refinancing approval for the 2007 Refunding Issue, which partially refunded the 2003 Series.
· Authorization for the administration to submit PlanCon Part I: Interim Reporting - Submittal No. 1 for the HS Renovation/Addition Project No. 3179.
· Bills for Payment.
· Treasurer’s Report.
· Northampton Area School District’s Strategic Plan (Chapter 4 Plan, Teacher Induction Plan, Educational Technology Plan, and Professional Education Plan) for the years 2006-2012.
· Expulsion Hearing Waiver for Student Number 2007-06.
· Donation of various dental supplies from Dr. Chris Amato for the NASD dental program.
· Donation of $500.00 from the Bath Lioness Club to be used to assist families in need of medical care and eye care for their children.
· Adjudication of Student Number 2007-02.
· Expulsion Hearing Waiver for Student Number 2007-08.