Northampton Area School District
THE MORNING AFTER
A Capsule of the Board of Education's Deliberations and Actions
School Board Meeting
August 20, 2007
(Unofficial Summary Subject to Revision)
At the regular meeting of the Board of Education, Judy Odenwelder, President of the Northampton Area Public Library Board, presented referendum information. Mark Thompson and Scott McMackin, MKSD, presented the architect report. Chris Haller, D’Huy Engineering, presented the engineer report. Mr. Gogel presented the Facilities Committee report.
The Board approved the following:
· Job descriptions, effective August 21, 2007: Security Officer, Hall Monitor, Security and Transportation Secretary, and Instructional/Non-Instructional Assistant - Special Education.
· Resignation of Matthew Billy from the position of Hall Monitor at the High School, effective August 6, 2007.
· Resignation of Suzanne Moser from the position of Special Education Instructional Assistant at Lehigh Elementary School, effective August 6, 2007.
· Resignation of Erwin Koch, Custodial Supervisor, for the purpose of retirement, effective January 10, 2008.
· Substitute Lists for 2007-08.
· Voluntary transfer of Joan Coberly from 10-Month Secretary at Washington Elementary School to 10-Month Secretary at Franklin Elementary School, effective August 21, 2007.
· Employment of a temporary Health Room Assistant for the Northampton Borough Elementary Schools for the 2007-08 school year.
· Taryn Kulp as a Temporary Full-Time Remedial Instructor in the High School, effective August 27, 2007, through the end of the 2007-2008 school year. Continued employment is contingent upon receipt of acceptable Act 114 FBI clearance. Salary will be $41,703.00, with benefits, based on a Bachelor’s degree and Step 2, Year 2 of the current salary schedule. Salary and benefit costs to be paid by the EAP Grant.
· Michele Solga as a LTS Special Education Teacher at Siegfried Elementary School, effective August 27, 2007, for the 2007-08 school year. Continued employment is contingent upon receipt of acceptable Act 114 FBI clearance. Her salary will be $41,550.00, with benefits, based on a BA degree and Step 1, Year 1 of the current salary schedule.
· List of staff and their compensation for After-School Detention and Activity Bus at the High School and Middle School for the 2007-08 school year (September through the end of the academic year in June). No additional benefits will be provided.
· Additional full-time Instructional Assistant position at Moore Elementary School for the 2007-2008 school year, to work one-on-one with a student with a disability.
· List of mentors and payments for the 2007-2008 school year.
· Valerie Korsak as a LTS Elementary teacher at George Wolf Elementary School, effective August 27, 2007, for the first semester of the 2007-08 school year. Her salary will be $41,550.00, pro-rated with benefits, based on a BA degree and Step 1, Year 1 of the current salary schedule.
· Adoption of Policy 625 - Procurement Cards, effective August 21, 2007.
· Expansion and upgrade of the telephone system at the Siegfried Elementary School to include internal network communications to the main switchboard over the district internal network through ET&T Communications at a cost of $19,585 as part of the Siegfried renovation/addition project.
· Change order EC-02 for Wind Gap Electrical in the amount of $4,709.00 for payment of the electrical permit as required by Northampton Borough on the Siegfried Elementary School project.
· Acceptance of the approval of PlanCon Part F: Construction Documents for Project No. 3296 by PDE for the George Wolf Elementary School Addition/Alteration project.
· Awarding of the following contracts pursuant to the proposals submitted in May 2007 for the George Wolf Elementary Renovation/Addition project, PDE Project No. 3296 as follows: HVAC Testing & Air Balancing - Airflow Experts, Graham NC - $$39,960.00.
· Authorization for the administration to prepare and solicit bids for repair and replacement of roof sections at Siegfried Elementary School.
· Treasurer’s Report.
· Sixty month lease with Xerox to upgrade the following copiers:
George Wolf Elem Office Model WCP232H $296.51/mo.
George Wolf Elem Faculty Model WCP255H $529.90/mo.
· Bills for Payment.
· Tax Exonerations.
· Authorization for the administration to prepare and solicit bids for replacement intruder locks at the Middle School, and Lehigh, Moore, and Borough Elementary Schools to be purchased from the 2007-08 capital reserve budget.