Northampton Area School District
THE MORNING AFTER
A Capsule of the Board of Education's Deliberations and Actions
Regular Board Meeting
September 15, 2008
(Unofficial Summary Subject to Revision)
At the regular meeting of the Board of Education, William Conner and Dr. Kathleen Ott presented an update on Adequate Yearly Progress. Kim LaBrake, MKSD, presented the architect report. Chris Haller, D’Huy Engineering, presented the engineer report. Ms. Erdo presented the Nazareth COG, CIU20, and Legislative reports. Alyssa Figura presented an update on Student Council activities.
The Board approved the following:
· Additions to the District Volunteer master listing for the 2008-09 school year: Deborah Caffrey - Moore, Frances Heffelfinger - Lehigh, Mary Kintz - Lehigh, Tama Minnich - George Wolf, and Yvonne Nau - Lehigh.
· Voluntary transfer of Todd Beidleman, One-to-One Instructional Assistant for a student with disabilities, from an out-of-district placement at Asa Packer to an out-of-district placement within the IU operated Autistic Support classroom at Lehigh Elementary School.
· Additions and deletions to the Substitute List
· Resignation of David Stubits from the position of Skilled Maintenance Worker for the Northampton Area School District, effective July 8, 2008.
· Revised list for Extra-Curricular & Supplemental Positions for the 2008-2009 school year, effective July 1, 2008, through June 30, 2009. Upon settlement of the NAEA collective bargaining agreement, a new revised listing will be brought to the Board for approval.
· List of mentors and payments for the 2008-2009 school year. Mentor salaries will be adjusted upon the settlement of the new NAEA collective bargaining agreement.
· Voluntary transfer of LeeAnn Hildebrand from Hall Monitor at the High School to One-to-One Special Education Instructional Assistant at the High School, effective retroactive to September 11, 2008. Her salary will be $9.36 per hour, 80% of the current hourly rate, in accordance with the collective bargaining agreement, with benefits.
· Two (2) additional Cafeteria Monitor positions for the High School, effective September 16, 2008.
· Melisa Phifer as a LTS Science Teacher at the High School, effective September 16, 2008, for the remainder of the 2008-09 school year. Her salary will be $41,550.00, pro-rated with benefits, based on a BA degree and Step 1, Year 1 of the 2007-08 salary schedule. Her salary will be adjusted upon the settlement of the new NAEA collective bargaining agreement.
· The following policies: 249.1 - Anti Bullying, 221 - Dress and Grooming, 348.1, 448.1 and 548.1 - Violence in the Workplace, effective September 16, 2008.
· General construction change order for Perrotto Builders as part of the Col. John Siegfried Renovation project:
GC-17 - $ 1,672.55 - Provide and install new wall finishes in rooms 119B and 315A per SK-A56 and CCPR GC-84r1.
· Treasurer’s Report.
· Tax Exonerations.
· Bills for Payment.