Northampton Area School District
THE MORNING AFTER
A Capsule of the Board of Education's Deliberations and Actions
Regular Board Meeting
April 6, 2009
(Unofficial Summary Subject to Revision)
At the regular meeting of the Board of Education, Tara Mrazik and DECA students presented the “Grow Vegetables, Not Bullies” program. Robyn Ginther and student Imad Azar presented the K-Kids Konnect to Block Bullying program. Mr. Kovalchik presented the Athletic Facilities Committee report. Mr. Gogel presented the Facilities Committee report. Mr. Koch reported on the meetings with East Allen Township regarding the Route 329 property. Ms. Erdo presented the CIU20 report. Mr. Nick Politi presented the NCC report.
The Board approved the following:
· Additions and deletions to the Substitute List.
· Updated job descriptions for the following positions: Secondary Secretary, Elementary Secretary, and Transportation/Systems Secretary.
· Appointment of Terry A. Leh, Business Administrator, as Security Officer and the Trust Secretary as the contact person for the district’s health plans in compliance with the provisions of the Security rule of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA).
· Voluntary transfer of Theresa Barrall from 10-Month Attendance Secretary to 12-Month Secretary at the High School, effective July 1, 2009.
· List of summer school instructors and their reimbursement based on the current Supplemental Reimbursement for Extra Services - Curriculum and Instruction. Effective dates for the program will be June 26, 2009, through August 6, 2009.
· Transportation/Systems Secretary position at the District Office, including changing the position from 10 months to 12 months, effective July 1, 2009.
· Adoption of Policy 235 - Student Rights and Responsibilities, Policy 826 - Record Retention, and Policy 827 - Record Destruction, effective April 7, 2009. Deletion of Policy 5:03 - Student Rights and Responsibilities Administrative Regulations.
· One-year renewable maintenance service agreement for the Storage Area Network with Park Place International at a cost of $3,316.00. The agreement is for the period April 1, 2009, through March 31, 2010.
· 2008-2009 Budget Transfers.
· Adoption of the 2009-10 Bethlehem Area Vocational Technical School General Fund Budget in the amount of $10,313,405 with the NASD portion of $2,535,945 required to fund the budget.
· Transportation Agreement between Northampton Area School District and Bethlehem Area School District for the 2008-09 school year.
· Bills for Payment.
· Addendum to the current School Bus Transportation Services Agreement between Northampton Area School District and Laidlaw Transit, Inc. d/b/a First Student to include transportation of non-resident students.
· The following sixty-month leases with Xerox to upgrade and replace copiers in the District:
High School Office Model W5655PT $ 348.80/mo.
High School Faculty (1st Fl.) Model 4595CP $1,643.77/mo. ($15,000 Buyout by Xerox)
High School Faculty (2nd Fl.) Model 4595CP $1,639.20/mo. ($15,000 Buyout by Xerox)
EIT Office Model W5030PH $ 192.00/mo.
Print Shop Model 4110C $1,609.68/mo.
Print Shop Model 4595CP $1,486.81/mo.
Print Shop Model 4595CP $1,484.70/mo.
Print Shop Model W5687PT $1,268.50/mo.
· Expulsion Hearing Waiver for High School student number 2009-06.