Northampton Area School District
THE MORNING AFTER
A Capsule of the Board of Education's Deliberations and Actions
Regular Board Meeting
May 18, 2009
(Unofficial Summary Subject to Revision)
At the regular meeting of the Board of Education, DECA winners were announced by Tara Mrazik. Mr. Hume presented the High School Dedication Video. Chris Haller, D’Huy Engineering, presented an update on the George Wolf project. Mr. Gogel presented the BAVTS (Bridges Foundation) report.
The Board approved the following:
· Voluntary transfer of Richard Smith from Tuesday through Saturday Middle Shift Custodian to Monday through Friday Middle Shift Custodian at Lehigh Elementary School, effective June 1, 2009.
· Additions to the District Volunteer master listing for the 2008-09 school year: Maria Burns - Moore and Melinda McCann - Borough.
· Additions and deletions to the Substitute List.
· Lauren Schneck as a Technology Assistant, effective July 1, 2009. Her salary will be $14.80 per hour, 80% of the current hourly rate, with benefits and in accordance with the collective bargaining agreement.
· Attendance of Meagan Mielczarek, English teacher at the High School, at SAP Training in Quakertown, PA, on June 23-25, 2009, at an estimated cost of $474.00.
· Construction of a new Middle School (the Middle School Project). Subject to the Board review and approval, the Board authorizes the Administration to negotiate contracts for professional services including but not limited to architectural, engineering, construction management, LEED certification, and other consultants deemed necessary for the Middle School Project; to engage in a search for alternative site locations upon which to build the Middle School Project; to process land development and/or subdivision approvals for the Middle School Project; to investigate financing for the Middle School Project; and to take other necessary steps. All actions taken by the Board and Administration shall comply with the Department of Education requirements including PlanCon requirements and reimbursement requirements.
· Authorization for the Administration to submit PDE 3074 Self-Certification Application for Non-Reimbursable Construction Projects for the Replacement of the Automatic Temperature Control System at Moore Elementary School.
· Authorization for the Administration to submit PDE 3074 Self-Certification Application for Non-Reimbursable Construction Projects for the Installation of a Backup Generator at the Administration Building.
· D’Huy Engineering, Inc. as the on-call District Engineer, effective May 19, 2009, in accordance with the contract proposal dated May 8, 2009.
· Treasurer’s Report.
· Bills for Payment.
· Awarding of the FY2009-10 Supply and Equipment bid for art, audio visual, cleaning, maintenance, general supplies, general art, health, industrial arts, physical education, computer and duplicating to various vendors at a total cost of $148,075.81.
· Expulsion Hearing Waiver for High School student number 2009-10.
· Reorganization of the Middle School grade configuration from 7-8 to 6-8 effective at the completion of the construction of a new middle school building.