Northampton Area School District
THE MORNING AFTER
A Capsule of the Board of Education's Deliberations and Actions
Regular Board Meeting
July 13, 2009
(Unofficial Summary Subject to Revision)
At the regular meeting of the Board of Education, Reiner Jaeckle and Matthew Solt from Metro-Tek Electrical Services presented a green energy proposal. Ms. Erdo presented the COG and Legislative reports. Mr. Gogel presented the BAVTS report.
The Board approved the following:
· Athletic Volunteer Coaches for the 2009-2010 school year.
· Resignation of Ashley Rushatz from the position of LTS Art Teacher, effective June 30, 2009.
· Resignation of Jeffrey Lantzer from the following positions: Music Teacher, Concert Band Director, Jazz Band Director, Indoor Band Director, and Musical Instrumental Director at the High School, for the purpose of retirement, effective June 16, 2009.
· Resignation of Abbey Deshler, Marching Band Assistant, effective June 30, 2009.
· Revised listing of Student Summer Help, along with their compensation rate of $7.15 per hour from June 15, 2009, through July 23, 2009, and $7.25 per hour from July 24, 2009 through August 21, 2009. The listing denotes those students who are pending receipt of acceptable clearances.
· Revised list of teachers who may provide ESY - Chapter 15/Section 504 services during the summer of 2009, dependent upon need, in order to complete delivery of services for the 2008-2009 school year.
· Revised list of teachers for the elementary summer program from June 23, 2009 - July 23, 2009, at the appropriate contracted curriculum rate.
· Kimberly Levin as an Assistant Principal at the High School, effective August 3, 2009, or upon release from her present district, no later than September 12, 2009. Salary will be $75,000.00, pro-rated, with benefits, and in accordance with the Act 93 Agreement.
· List of head coaches and assistant coaches with their designated stipends, in accordance with the current collective bargaining agreement, for the 2009-2010 school year, effective July 1, 2009, through June 30, 2010, for the appropriate sport season.
· District Coordinators and their compensation(s), as per the attached listing for the 2009-2010 school year, effective July 1, 2009, through June 30, 2010.
· Rachel Fisher as a LTS Math Teacher at the Middle School, effective August 27, 2009, to on or about November 20, 2009. Her salary will be $248.59, per diem without benefits, based on a MA degree and Step 1, Year 1 of the current salary schedule.
· Linda Keller as a TPE Special Education Teacher at the Middle School, effective August 27, 2009. Her salary will be $43,302.00, with benefits, based on a BA degree and Step 1, Year 1 of the 2009-2010 salary schedule.
· Attendance of Dr. Linda Firestone at the Lehigh University School Study Council 2009 Study Tour to Rhode Island College in Providence, RI September 29 -October 2, 2009, at an approximate cost of $750.00.
· Adoption of Policy 815 - Acceptable Use of the Computers, Network, Internet, Electronic Communications and Information Systems, effective July 14, 2009. Deletion of Policy 815 - Acceptable Use of Electronic Information Resources, adopted August 18, 2003, revised May 16, 2005, effective July 14, 2009.
· General construction change order for CMG, as part of the HS Soffit Replacement Project:
GC-01 - $1,815.00 - Borough of Northampton building permit.
· One (1) year service agreement with Communication Systems, Inc. for the High School fire alarm system in the amount of $1,980.00, effective June 13, 2009, through June 30, 2010.
· Mechanical change order for Guy M. Cooper as part of the George Wolf mold remediation:
MC-03 - $4,611.73 - Due to Mold Remediation, this Scope of Work included providing new insulation to the existing piping as per MC-COR 23. The existing insulation was wet and/or damaged. This work was completed on a T&M basis and approved by DEI 5.27.09.
· Additional five year service contract with Otis Elevator at Moore Elementary School at a cost of $2,661.90 for 2009-10, with a 3% increase for each subsequent year.
· Awarding of the bid for the Middle School Remediation Project to Sargent Enterprises with a Base Bid of $424,000, Alternate #1 of $165,000, Alternate #2 of $17,000, and Alternate #5 of $11,000, for a total project cost of $617,000.
· Bills for Payment.
· Rate IS Service Agreement with UGI Utilities, Inc. to provide natural gas service to Siegfried Elementary School at the preferred IS rate at $2.25/MCF effective January 12, 2009.
· 2009-10 maintenance agreement with ITS Mailing Systems, Norristown PA, for the district folding machine at an annual rate of $950.00.
Real Estate Tax Exoneration:
Tax Amount Reason
L5-1-12 Northampton Area School District 2009 $8,927.75 Tax Exempt Entity
· Elementary and Secondary Handbooks for the 2009-10 school year, the Elementary Schools supplement information (building specific), and the Elementary and Secondary Handbook Sign/Off Permission Forms Booklet for the 2009-10 school year.
· Acceptance, with appreciation, of the donation of $200 from Dr. Alex Feig, DDS for the Northampton Area School District Dental Program.
· Expulsion Hearing Waiver for George Wolf Elementary School student number 2009-17.
· Appointment of Jane Erdo and Cory Fenstermaker as Board representatives to serve as Northampton Area School District voting delegates at the PSBA Conference in Hershey on October 15, 2009.
· Expulsions for student numbers 2009-12, 2009-13, 2009-14, and 2009-16.