Northampton Area School District
THE MORNING AFTER
A Capsule of the Board of Education's Deliberations and Actions
Regular Board Meeting
September 28, 2009
(Unofficial Summary Subject to Revision)
At the regular meeting of the Board of Education, Dr. Kathleen Ott presented a PSSA/AYP update. Mr. Kovalchik presented the Safe Schools Committee report. Mr. Gogel presented the Facilities Committee report. Alyssa Figura presented a report on Student Council activities.
The Board approved the following:
· Continuation of unpaid leave of absence for Donna Knoblach, 12-Month Secretary in the district administration building, through January 11, 2010.
· Resignation of Georgette Smith from the position of Instructional Assistant at the High School, at the end of the day on September 25, 2009.
· Additions to the District Volunteer master listing for the 2009-2010 school year: Denise Caleca - George Wolf, Reinga Erie - Borough, Julie Poniktera - Moore, and Abby Spencer - George Wolf.
· Voluntary transfer of John Ilgenfritz from Emotional Support Special Education Teacher at the Middle School to Learning Support Special Education Teacher at the Middle School, effective October 13, 2009, or as soon as a replacement is found for Mr. Ilgenfritz’s emotional support position.
· Additions and deletions to the Substitute List.
· Professional status and tenure for Jason Winchenbach, High School Guidance Counselor, who has completed three years of service and has received six satisfactory evaluations.
· Christine Steigerwalt as Assistant Elementary Principal at the Borough Elementary Schools, effective September 29, 2009. Her salary will be $77,500.00, pro-rated with benefits, and in accordance with the Act 93 Agreement.
· List of instructors and compensation to conduct after-school remediation under the EAP Grant guidelines. The effective date is October 21, 2009, through March 25, 2010.
· Sean Pyne as a LTS Mathematics Teacher at the High School, effective retroactive to September 24, 2009, to on or about January 21, 2010. His salary will be $230.33, per diem without benefits, based on a BA degree and Step 1, Year 1 of the current salary schedule.
· Dawn Peipher as a TPE Elementary Physical Education Teacher at Siegfried Elementary School, effective September 29, 2009. Her salary will be $43,462.00, prorated with benefits, based on a BA degree and Step 2, Year 2 of the 2009-2010 salary schedule.
· Deletions to the Traffic Duty Monitor master listing for the 2009-2010 school year: Maureen Sproul - High School, Allison Fiorini - High School, Hillary Hartzell - Moore, Heather Shaner – Moore, Sarah Davis – Moore, and Bethany Allen – Moore.
· Angela Munjone as Math Club Advisor at the High School, effective September 29, 2009, to on or about January 21, 2010, with a total stipend of $668.00.
· Anita Mateyak, Business Education Teacher and FBLA Advisor at the High School, to accompany two female FBLA club officers to the PA-FBLA 2009 State Leadership Workshop at the Penn Stater Conference Center Hotel in State College, PA on November 1-2, 2009, at a total cost to the district of approximately $100.00.
· 2010-2013 Technology Plan Update for submission to PDE.
· Revised Curricula - Reading: Thinking, Comprehension, and Academic Literacy - Grade 8 and Peer Relations I - Grade 9.
· Mechanical change order for Guy M. Cooper as part of the Col. John Siegfried Renovation project:
MC-04 - ($14,448.00) - Credit for the unused allowance balance.
· Bills for Payment.
· Treasurer’s Report.
· Contract with Invo HealthCare Associates, Inc., for Speech and Language services at both the Franklin and Colonel John Siegfried Schools at a cost not to exceed $77,220.00. The term of this contract is for the 2009-2010 school year.
· Disposal of computers and related components by sale to AAA Computer and Electronic Recycling, Inc for $2,000.00.
· Tax Exonerations.
· Expulsion Hearing Waiver for High School student number 2009-18.
· Expulsion Hearing Waiver for Middle School student number 2009-19.