Northampton Area School District
THE MORNING AFTER
A Capsule of the Board of Education's Deliberations and Actions
Regular Board Meeting
November 9, 2009
(Unofficial Summary Subject to Revision)
At the regular meeting of the Board of Education, Karen Fleming and Lehigh Elementary School 6th Grade teachers and students presented the Community Service Involvement Program. Mrs. Skrapits presented the Technology report. Mr. Koch presented the BAVTS report. Mr. Politi presented the NCC report.
The Board approved the following:
· Additions and deletions to the Substitute List.
· Unpaid childrearing leave for Melissa Breidinger, Special Education Teacher at Siegfried Elementary School, for the period beginning approximately March 26, 2010, through the end of the 2009-2010 school year.
· Resignation of Dwight Wentz, Skilled Maintenance Employee, for the purpose of retirement, effective at the end of the day, February 5, 2010.
· Unpaid leave of absence for Jennifer Collina, Instructional Assistant at George Wolf Elementary School, for the period of January 19, 2010, through May 7, 2010.
· Additions to the District Volunteer master listing for the 2009-2010 school year: Cindy Denker - George Wolf, Dinorah Foster - George Wolf, Debra Gorman - Borough, Bethany Gray - George Wolf, and Matthew Lloyd - Athletic.
· Attendance of Terry Leh, Rose Roberts, and Donna Teklits at the annual PASBO Conference in Hershey, PA, on March 9-12, 2010, at an approximate cost of $2,211.00.
· Susanne Rowe-Cavanaugh as a Cafeteria Monitor at George Wolf Elementary School, effective date is retroactive to November 2, 2009. Her hourly rate will be $9.74, 80% of the 2009-2010 hourly rate, in accordance with the collective bargaining agreement, no benefits.
· Submission of t PDE-3074 - Self Certification Application for Non- Reimbursable Construction Projects for the Installation of Security Doors for High School Interior Corridor and to advertise for bids.
· Credit change order for CMG of Easton, Inc. High School soffit project:
GC-03 - ($261.16) - Credit change order to be deducted from the remaining unused allowance balance.
· General construction change order for Bracy Contracting, Inc. as part of the George Wolf Renovation project:
GC-15 - $9,702.65 - Sinkhole repair work in parking lot area on August 4 and 27, 2009, (includes excavation, concrete fill and paving), per COR 149.
· Awarding of District cellular phone service to Sprint / Nextel Corporation for approximately $22,504.81, annually, beginning July 1, 2010, through June 30, 2012 (2 year agreement). This cost does not reflect E-Rate Program discounts that may be applicable.
· Bills for Payment.
· Sixty month lease with Xerox for a Model 5030 networked digital copier, at a cost of $192.00 per month, in the Technology Department.
· 2009-10 Budget Transfers.
· Authorization for a feasibility study conducted by Access Fiber Solutions, Inc. to build point-to-point fiber optic cable from the Administration building to the new Washington Technology Center at a cost of $2,000.
· Expulsion Hearing Waiver for High School student number 2009-22.