Northampton Area School District
THE MORNING AFTER
A Capsule of the Board of Education's Deliberations and Actions
Regular Board Meeting
November 23, 2009
(Unofficial Summary Subject to Revision)
At the regular meeting of the Board of Education, Mr. Gogel presented the Facilities Committee report. Mrs. Turner read the Student Council report in Alyssa Figura’s absence. Dr. Firestone presented Mrs. Kemp with a Certificate of Achievement from PSBA for eight years of service as a School Director.
The Board approved the following:
· Additions and deletions to the Substitute List.
· Updated job description for the following position: Curriculum Office Secretary.
· Additions to the District Volunteer master listing for the 2009-2010 school year: Bobbie Jo Bindics - George Wolf, Lauren Demko - George Wolf, Cynthia Evans - George Wolf, Marian Harrigle - Borough, and Jennifer Saranchak - Lehigh.
· Unpaid childrearing leave for Raechel Gross, Grade 5 Teacher at Moore Elementary School, for the period beginning approximately May 21, 2010, through the end of the 2009-2010 school year.
· Addition to the Traffic Duty Monitor master listing for the 2009-2010 school year: Elizabeth Kokolus – George Wolf - $10.95/hour.
· Additions to the After School Detention & Activity Bus Monitor master listing for the 2009-2010 school year:
After School Detention Monitor - Substitute
Kristen Sevinsky (Teacher) $40.04/hr. - Curriculum & Instruction Rate (Bachelor’s)
Activity Bus Monitors - Substitutes
Sharon Mondschein (Secretary) $15.58/hour - Regular Hourly Rate
Brian Muschlitz (Teacher) $28.89/hour - Non-instructional Rate
Kristen Sevinsky (Teacher) $28.89/hour - Non-Instructional Rate
· Stipend of $3,746.11 for Patricia Gaetaniello to continue as Community Education Coordinator for the 2009-2010 school year.
· Assistive Technology Assistant position, effective upon finding a suitable candidate to fill the position at a prorated salary and benefits of $44,515.00, and the job description for the Assistive Technology Assistant position.
· Susan Gallagher as a LTS Special Education Teacher at Siegfried Elementary School, effective on or about December 1, 2009, through on or about March 15, 2010. Her salary will be $248.59, per diem without benefits, based on a MA degree and Step 1, Year 1 of the current salary schedule.
· Roster of instructors for the Community Education Program for the 2009-2010.
· Revised list of mentors and payments for the 2009-2010 school year.
· Credit change order for Jay R. Reynolds, Inc., plumbing contractor, for the George Wolf Elementary School renovation/ addition project:
PC-03 - ($7,129.86) - Credit change order to be deducted from the remaining unused allowance balance.
· Authorization for D’Huy Engineering to obtain three quotes to have a contractor install three (3) temporary ceilings at the Middle School. D’Huy estimates the total cost of these three (3) rooms not to exceed $9,000.00.
· Awarding of the bid for repairs to the Incline Wheel Chair Lift at the Middle School to Del-Val Enterprises, Inc., of Edgemont, PA, in the amount of $16,208, and submittal of self-certification application PDE 3074(a) to PDE.
· Bills for Payment.
· Treasurer’s Report.
· Letter of Agreement Between Northampton Area School District and CIU20 for the purpose of providing remedial instruction in reading and math to non-proficient students in qualifying non-public schools at a cost of $43,579.00 which is funded by the Title I grant.
· Transportation Agreement between Northampton Area School District and Bethlehem Area School District for the 2009-10 school year.
· Tax Exonerations.