Northampton Area School District
THE MORNING AFTER
A Capsule of the Board of Education's Deliberations and Actions
Regular Board Meeting
December 21, 2009
(Unofficial Summary Subject to Revision)
At the regular meeting of the Board of Education, Dr. Arthur Scott presented the Northampton community College 2010-11 budget. Mr. Yanders presented an update on the Middle School facility. Chris Haller, D’Huy Engineering, presented the engineer report. Mr. Kovalchik presented the Safe Schools Committee report. Mr. Gogel presented the Facilities Committee report. Rachel Satow presented the Student Council report.
The Board approved the following:
· Additions and deletions to the Substitute List.
· Addition to the Athletic Event Staff master listing for the 2009-2010 school year, effective July 1, 2009, through June 30, 2010: David Ibarra – Weight Room Supervisor - High School.
· Voluntary transfer of Jessica Boandl from Learning Support Special Education Teacher at the Middle School to Learning Support Special Education Teacher at Moore Elementary School, effective January 12, 2010, or as soon as a replacement is found for Ms. Boandl’s learning support position.
· Additions to the District Volunteer master listing for the 2009-2010 school year: Janet Franco – Lehigh and Christine Pruzinsky – Borough.
· Updated job description for the following position: Instructional Assistant - Secondary Library.
· After-School Math Tutors and their compensation, effective February 2010, through March 2010. Compensation is in accordance with the Supplemental Reimbursement for Extra Services.
· Elementary Intramural Staff master listing for the 2009-2010 school year, effective July 1, 2009, through June 30, 2010.
Name Building Activity
Bethany Allen Moore Run/Walk Club & Jump Rope Club
Stacy Hageman Moore Run/Walk Club & Jump Rope Club
Corissa Craig Moore Run/Walk Club
Korinn Cser Moore Run/Walk Club
Michael Frohnheiser Lehigh Various gym games: Dodge Ball, Relays, etc
Daniel Kelly Lehigh Various gym games: Dodge Ball, Relays, etc
· Reappointment of Terry A. Leh as Board Secretary for the term of July 1, 2009, through June 30, 2013, at no additional compensation.
· Voluntary transfer of Tracey Bartholomew from Library Instructional Assistant at the High School to 12-Month General Administrative Secretary in District Administration, effective January 4, 2010, or upon mutual agreement with the High School administration. Her rate of pay will be $13.85 per hour, with benefits, in accordance with the collective bargaining agreement.
· Susan Gallagher as a LTS Special Education Teacher at Siegfried Elementary School, effective on or about March 30, 2010, through the end of the 2009-2010 school year. Her salary will be $248.59, per diem without benefits, based on a MA degree and Step 1, Year 1 of the current salary schedule.
· Adoption of the following policies: 217 - Graduation Requirements and 904 - Public Attendance at School Events, effective December 22, 2009.
· Alteration of the Family & Consumer Science program at the 8th grade level, effective for the 2010-2011 school year, on recommendation of the Curriculum Department and the Superintendent.
· Authorization for the Administration to submit PDE-3074a - Self Certification Application for Non- Reimbursable Construction Projects for the Installation of Acoustic Ceilings in the Middle School and to advertise for bids.
· Electrical change order for Wind Gap Electric as part of the Col. John Siegfried Elementary School project:
EC-08 - ($10,589.67) - Credit change order to be deducted from the remaining unused allowance balance.
· Awarding of the bid for the High School Security Doors to Ondra-Huyett, of Allentown, PA, in the amount of $35,940.
· Bills for Payment.
· Treasurer’s Report.
· Contract with the Intermediate Unit for a Temporary One-to-One Instructional Assistant position for an 8-12 week period during the 2009-2010 school year, at a cost not to exceed $5,760.00.
· Adoption of the resolution notifying Northampton County Tax Claim Bureau that we have contracted with a third party collector, Portnoff Law Associates, to collect the District’s 2009 delinquent real estate taxes as attached.
· Awarding of the 2010-2011 Fuel Bid as follows:
- #2 Fuel oil (Truck Transport) @ $0.0188 plus rack/gallon to Petroleum Traders Corporation
- #2 Fuel oil (Tank Wagon) @ $0.28 plus rack/gallon to Yeager’s Fuel, Inc.
- #87 Unleaded Gasoline @ $0.34 plus rack/gallon to Inergy Propane DBA Farm & Home
- Ultra-Low Sulphur Diesel (Tank Wagon) @ $0.28 plus rack/gallon with add-on of $.03/gallon for winter additive to Yeager’s Fuel, Inc.
- Off-Road Diesel (Tank Wagon) @ $0.34 plus rack/ gallon with add-on of $.03/gallon for winter additive to Inergy Propane DBA Farm & Home
· Letter of commitment and letter of agency to participate in the IU20 Regional WAN, PAIUNET statewide WAN, Internet and Internet 2 connectivity for the period July 1, 2010 through June 30, 2015 with an approximate cost of $3661.07 per month.
· Tax Exonerations.
· Strategic Plan Academic Standards and Assessment Midpoint Review.
· Adjudication report for Student #2009-23.