Northampton Area School District
THE MORNING AFTER
A Capsule of the Board of Education's Deliberations and Actions
Regular Board Meeting
January 25, 2010
(Unofficial Summary Subject to Revision)
At the regular meeting of the Board of Education, Dr. Firestone and Mr. Leh presented the 2010-11 budget. Alyssa Figura presented the Student Council report. Chris Haller, D’Huy Engineering, presented the engineer report.
The Board approved the following:
· Resignation of J. Michael Monaghan, Principal of George Wolf Elementary School, for the purpose of retirement, effective at the end of the day June 25, 2010.
· Additions and deletions to the Substitute List.
· Half-year medical sabbatical for Patricia Daubenspeck, Grade 1 Teacher at George Wolf Elementary School, effective for the 2nd semester of the 2009-2010 school year.
· Revised listing of District Coordinators and their compensation(s), for the 2009-2010 school year, effective July 1, 2009, through June 30, 2010.
· Professional status and tenure for the following teachers who have completed three years of teaching and have received six satisfactory evaluations: Sharon Martin - George Wolf, Stephen Ulaner - George Wolf, and Heather Miller - Moore.
· Rate correction for assistant wrestling coaches to be $5,039.00 for the 2009-10 school year.
· Shuk Hing (Kitty) Tom as a Library Instructional Assistant at the High School, effective February 1, 2010. Her rate of pay will be $9.74 per hour, with benefits, in accordance with the collective bargaining agreement.
· Attendance of Dr. Kathleen Ott at the PAFPC Conference in Hershey, PA, from March 21-24, 2010, at an estimated cost of $1,154.00.
· Angela Mitchell and Tim Carpency as Indoor Marching Band Co-Advisors at the High School, effective January 26, 2010, with a total stipend of $824.50 each.
· Stephanie Ziegler as a TPE Special Education Teacher at Moore Elementary School, effective January 26, 2010. Her salary will be $43,302.00, pro-rated with benefits, based on a BA degree and Step 1, Year 1 of the 2009-2010 salary schedule.
· Attendance of Tara Mrazik, Allison Fiorini, Julia Kline, Ann Harrington, Tara Mushko, Theresa Barrall, Rich Silvius, Martin Lynn, Robert Steckel, and John Blick at the PA DECA State Conference along with 106 DECA students on February 17-19, 2010, in Hershey, PA at a maximum cost to the district of $21,007.37.
· Continuation of Sean Pyne as a LTS Math teacher, effective January 22, 2010, until March 22, 2010. His rate of pay will be $230.33, per diem with benefits, based on a BA degree and Step 1, Year 1 of the current salary schedule.
· Andrea Wells as a LTS Grade 1 Teacher at George Wolf Elementary School, effective retroactive to January 22, 2010, through the end of the 2009-2010 school year. Her salary will be $43,302, pro-rated, based on a Bachelor’s degree and Step 1, Year 1 of the current salary schedule. Ms. Wells has declined benefits.
· Authorization for the administration to submit PlanCon Part I: Interim Reporting - Submittal No. 14 for the High School Renovation/Addition Project No. 3179.
· Release and Settlement Agreement for a special education student not to exceed $8,550.00 for the 2009-2010 school year.
· Bills for Payment.
· Treasurer’s Report.
· Tax Exonerations.
· School World to provide web hosting services at a cost of $8,406 per year from July 1, 2010, through June 30, 2013. Anticipated discounts of $2,710.93 per year bring the net cost to $5,695.07 annually.
· State Audit Report for the years ended June 30, 2007 and 2008.
· Settlement Agreement and Release for a special education student not to exceed $23,870.00.
· Agreement with Lehigh University for the rental of Stabler Arena for the 2010 graduation ceremonies at a rate of $6,900.00 plus any actual expenses.
· Revised 2010-2011 School Calendar and faculty meeting dates.
· Expulsion Hearing Waiver for Middle School student number 2010-01.
· Expulsion Hearing Waiver for Middle School student number 2010-02.