Northampton Area School District
THE MORNING AFTER
A Capsule of the Board of Education's Deliberations and Actions
Regular Board Meeting
February 22, 2010
(Unofficial Summary Subject to Revision)
At the regular meeting of the Board of Education, Reiner Jaeckle, Metro-Tek, presented an Alternative Energy Update. Brian Williams presented the BAVTS 2010-11 Budget. Chris Haller, D’Huy Engineering, presented the engineer report. Joseph Kovalchik presented the Safe School Committee report. Rachel Satow presented the Student Council report.
The Board approved the following:
· Additions and deletions to the Substitute List.
· Resignation of Paul Buechle, School Psychologist, for the purpose of retirement, effective at the end of the day June 29, 2010. The Board agrees to accept this resignation in accordance with the current Act 93 agreement, waiving the 150 day notification requirement. This waiver will not be considered precedent-setting for any future requests.
· Resignation of Shuk Hing (Kitty) Tom from the position of Library Instructional Assistant at the High School, effective at the end of the day, February 26, 2010.
· Stephanie Carbonell as an Indoor/Outdoor Guard at the Middle School, effective February 23, 2010, with a pro-rated reimbursement of $412.00.
· Chevon Lenhart, Twirler Coach, to chaperone five (5) students for participation in the TIA Twirling All Chapter Championship Competition to be held in Wildwood, NJ, on April 29-May 2, 2010, at a cost to the district of approximately $560.00.
· Kim Yencho, Dance Team Coach, to chaperone nine (9) students for participation in the Dance Championship Competition to be held in Wildwood, NJ, on April 29 - May 2, 2010, at a cost to the district of approximately $760.00.
· Mechanical change order for Guy M. Cooper as part of the George Wolf Elementary School Project:
MC-05 - $7,067.67 - COR 22-Revised - Installation of two check valves in fuel line and changes in breaching (remove two top sections and barometric dampers and install BD in horizontal run with tees as directed) - Work completed.
· Amendment, dated 2/5/10, to the contract for Ondra-Huyett Construction Services, LLC for the Northampton Area High School - Corridor Security Doors project.
· Adoption of the 2010-11 General Fund Proposed Budget with revenues and expenditures totaling $84,013,617 and authorize administration to advertise and make the General Fund Proposed Budget available for inspection to the public.
· Adoption of the 2010-11 Colonial IU 20 General Operating Budget in the amount of $2,958,420 with the NASD portion of $38,764.02 required to fund the budget.
· Consultative services of Centennial School in providing services for our emotional support programs at the secondary level, funded through Federal IDEA Stimulus Monies, at a cost not to exceed $10,000.00.
· Participation in the CIU 20 consortium for the purchase of life insurance through Assurant Employee Benefits for the period March 1, 2010 - February 28, 2015, at a rate of $0.091 per $1,000 of coverage for basic life and $0.02 per $1,000 of coverage for basic accidental death and dismemberment (AD&D).
· Bills for Payment.
· Treasurer’s Report.
· Reaffirmation of the PSBA Standards for Effective School Governance and Code of Conduct.
· Appointment of Jane Erdo to serve as the Northampton Area School District representative to the CIU 20 Board of Directors to serve a three-year term beginning July 1, 2010, through June 30, 2013.
· Acceptance of the donation of $250.00 from the Bath Lioness Club to George Wolf Elementary School and recognition of the generosity of the organization. The money will be designated for a student assembly program.