Northampton Area School District
THE MORNING AFTER
A Capsule of the Board of Education's Deliberations and Actions
Regular Board Meeting
April 12, 2010
(Unofficial Summary Subject to Revision)
At the regular meeting of the Board of Education, Chris Haller, D’Huy Engineering, Inc., presented “Review of Facilities Study and Project Update for New Middle School”. Four Boy Scouts from Troop 50, working on their Citizenship Merit Badge, spoke on various topics. Ms. Erdo presented the CIU20 report. Mr. Kovalchik presented the Policy Committee Report. Mr. Koch presented the BAVTS report. Mr. Politi presented the NCC report. Rachel Satow presented the Student Council report.
The Board approved the following:
· Additions and deletions to the Substitute List.
· Resignation of Larry Olsen as a Security Guard at the Middle School, for the purpose of retirement, effective April 30, 2010.
· Unpaid leave for Brenda Serensits, Math Teacher at the High School, for the period beginning May 17, 2010, through the end of the 2009-2010 school year.
· Resignation of Kimberly Yencho as Dance Team Advisor, effective June 11, 2010.
· Resignation of Wendy Lyons as Yearbook Advisor at George Wolf Elementary School, effective June 14, 2010.
· Continuation of Sean Pyne as a LTS Math teacher through the end of the 2009-2010 school year.
· Deborah Recker as a Summer School Security Guard, effective June 25, 2010, through August 6, 2010, at $16.77 per hour from June 25, 2010, through June 30, 2010, and $17.44 per hour from July 1, 2010, through August 6, 2010, no benefits.
· Attendance of Curtis Dimmick and Matt Decembrino at the PA Department of Education Safe Schools Conference in Harrisburg, PA, on May 3-5, 2010, at a total district cost not to exceed $591.00.
· Suzanne Brignole as a PE Math Teacher at the High School, benefits effective July 1, 2010, and salary effective August 27, 2010. Her salary will be $62,724.00, with benefits, based on a MA degree and Step 12, of the 2010-2011 salary schedule.
· Stephen Rumore as a PE Math Teacher at the High School, benefits effective July 1, 2010, and salary effective August 27, 2010. His salary will be $62,724.00, with benefits, based on a MA degree and Step 12, of the 2010-2011 salary schedule.
· Act 93 Administrative Compensation Plan effective July 1, 2010, through June 30, 2013, which includes a 2% average salary increase for all Act 93 personnel.
· Revised job description for Middle School Assistant Principal and new job description for Middle School Assistant Principal/Cyber School Coordinator.
· Additional amount of $5,223.50 to Pemco for the purchase of forty-four (44) “3 in 1” cafeteria tables for George Wolf Elementary School, at a total cost of $31,064.00.
· Three year service agreement with Trane, Inc. for the maintenance and annual coil cleaning of the two chillers at Moore Elementary School for an annual cost of $2,692.00 and $1,733.00, respectively. This agreement is effective March 1, 2010, through February 28, 2013.
· Three year service agreement with H.T. Lyons to test and certify the District’s Back-Flow-Preventers at a total cost of $4,950.00.
· Adoption of the 2010-11 Bethlehem Area Vocational Technical School General Fund Budget in the amount of $10,784,387, with the NASD portion of $2,475,553 required to fund the budget.
· Bills for Payment.
· Contract with Extended Family Care for a district student for an amount not to exceed $48,000.00.
· Contract with Dr. James F. Frommer of Lehigh Valley Institute for Sports and Musculoskeletal Medicine to serve as the District School Physician at an annual rate of $10,000.00 and to provide sports physicals at $30.00 per physical.
· 2009-2010 Budget Transfers.
· Adoption of the resolution to submit a Waiver Mandate Application to PDE to increase the purchasing quotation threshold from $4,000 to $7,500.
· Adoption of the resolution to submit a Waiver Mandate Application to PDE to allow the option to publish notices via our Internet website in lieu of advertising in two (2) local newspapers.
· Adoption of the resolution to submit a Waiver Mandate Application to PDE to increase the bidding threshold from $10,000 to $17,500.