Northampton Area School District
THE MORNING AFTER
A Capsule of the Board of Education's Deliberations and Actions
Regular Board Meeting
April 26, 2010
(Unofficial Summary Subject to Revision)
At the regular meeting of the Board of Education, Chris Haller, D’Huy Engineering, Inc., presented the engineer report. Mr. Gogel presented the BAVTS report. Rachel Satow and Alyssa Figura presented the Student Council report.
The Board approved the following:
· Resignation of Bernard Kressley from the position of Custodian for the Northampton Area School District, effective April 14, 2010.
· Resignation of Michelle Costanzo as English Department Chairperson, effective June 14, 2010.
· Resignation of Kimberly Carraghan from the position of Hall Monitor at the High School, effective at the end of the day, April , 2010.
· Resignation of Kimberly Omar from the position of Grade 4 Teacher at George Wolf Elementary School, effective June 14, 2010.
· Resignation of Sterling Ritter, German Club Advisor, effective June 14, 2010.
· Additions and deletions to the Substitute List.
· List of professional staff transfers effective with the 2010-2011 school year.
· Attendance of Title I parent Susan Bova at the PDE Title I State Parent Conference at Seven Springs, PA on June 29 - July 1, 2010, at a cost not to exceed $928.00. The cost of the conference will be covered through the Title I Parent Involvement funds which have been budgeted specifically for this purpose.
· Julia Kline, High School Social Studies teacher, to accompany students to Germany with the German American Partnership Program from June 15 to July 6, 2010, at no cost to the district.
· List of teachers to provide Extended School Year (ESY) and Chapter 15/Section 504 Services during the summer of 2010.
· Jessica Ritter as Dance Team Advisor at the High School, effective for the 2010-2011 school year, with a total reimbursement of $1,395.00, no benefits.
· List of teachers for the elementary summer program from June 22, 2010 - July 22, 2010, at the appropriate contracted curriculum rate, pending approval of the 2010-2011 budget.
· Adoption of Policy 121 - Extracurricular/Co-Curricular Activities, effective July 1, 2010. Deletion of Policy 121 (6:13) - Co-Curricular/Co-Curricular and Extra Curricular Trips, effective July 1, 2010.
· Adoption of Policy 913.1 - Flyer/Information Distribution, effective July 1, 2010.
· Three year service agreement with Trane, Inc. for the maintenance and annual coil cleaning of the two chillers at Moore Elementary School for an annual cost of $2,692.00 and $1,733.00, respectively. This agreement is effective May 1, 2010, through April 30, 2013.
· Approval of the Facilities Study dated April 26, 2010, for the new Middle School as required by PDE; authorization for Administration, Solicitor, and D’Huy Engineering to prepare for and attend meetings to pursue needed approvals for the new Middle School; authorization for Administration to pay required municipal agency fees and set up an escrow for municipal engineer and municipal solicitor at a cost not to exceed $75,000; authorization for D’Huy Engineering to engage the services of Urban Research and Development Corporation for technical and consulting services for the new Middle School project at a cost not to exceed $27,000; authorization for D’Huy Engineering to engage the services of Benchmark Civil Engineering Services for technical and consulting services for the new Middle School project at a cost not to exceed $138,000; and authorization for D’Huy Engineering to engage the services of Gilmore & Associates, Inc. for surveying services for the new Middle School project at a cost not to exceed $12,000.
· Bills for Payment.
· Treasurer’s Report.
· Sixty-month leases with Xerox to upgrade and replace copiers in the District:
Administration Building Model WCM201 $75.00/mo.
George Wolf Faculty Room Model W5655PT $395.00/mo.
· Alternate billing agreement for the Northampton Community College for the 2010-11 fiscal year.
· Contract with Behavioral Health Associates, Inc. for a NASD student at a cost not to exceed $3,382.00 for the remainder of the 2009-2010 school year.
· Expulsion Hearing Waiver for Middle School student number 2010-05.
· Expulsion Hearing Waiver for Middle School student number 2010-06.
· Expulsion Hearing Waiver for Middle School student number 2010-07.
· Acceptance, with appreciation, the donation of $200 from Dr. Alex Feig, DDS for the Northampton Area School District dental program.
· Appointment of the following nominees as Trustees to the Northampton Community College for the period of July 1, 2010 - June 30, 2016.
Bethlehem ASD Mr. Thomas J. Doluisio (Incumbent)
Easton ASD Dr. Pat Vulcano, Jr. (Incumbent)
Pen Argyl ASD Mr. Karl A. Stackhouse (Incumbent
Wilson ASD Mr. Robert R. Fehnel (Incumbent)
· Appointment of the following Northampton Area Public Library Trustees at the recommendation of the NAPL Board of Trustees:
- Mr. Daniel A. Belletti, 928 Dogwood Road, Walnutport, PA 18088 to fill the position vacated by Mr. Robert Koch who has resigned from the Board. The term would run from March 22, 2010, to December 31, 2010.
- Ms. Barbara Ann Marusky, 2177 Main Street, Northampton, PA 18067 to fill the position vacated by Ms. Susan Donges who did not renew as a Board member. The term would run from April 15, 2010, to December 31, 2012.