Northampton Area School District
THE MORNING AFTER
A Capsule of the Board of Education's Deliberations and Actions
Regular Board Meeting
May 10, 2010
(Unofficial Summary Subject to Revision)
At the regular meeting of the Board of Education, Mr. Kovalchik recognized retirees. Mr. Gogel presented Dr. Firestone with a gift on behalf of the Board. Mr. Politi presented the NCC report. Ms. Erdo presented the CIU20 report. Mr. Gogel presented the BAVTS report. Mr. Kovalchik presented the Policy Committee and Safe Schools Committee reports. Rachel Satow and Alyssa Figura presented the Student Council report.
The Board approved the following:
· Adoption of the 2010-11 General Fund Budget with revenues of $84,802,493 and expenditures of $84,802,493. This budget is supported by an increase of 1.45 mills and the following tax levy:
Act 511 Local Tax Enabling Act: Per Capita Tax $5.00
Real Estate Transfer Tax 0.5%
Earned Income Tax 0.7%
Section 670 Pennsylvania School Code: Per Capita Tax $5.00
Real Estate Tax 45.00 mills
· Bids for Paper and Janitorial Supplies, Bid No. NMPCJPB-DP/JS-2010-2011, in the amount of $81,178.03, as awarded by the Northampton/Monroe/Pike County Joint Purchasing Board.
· Awarding of a three (3) year contract starting July 1, 2010, and ending June 30, 2013, to Chrin Hauling, Inc. for Trash Removal/Recycling services at an annual cost of $42,969.00.
· Service agreement with Google, Inc., for communications software licensing, support, and hosting at no cost to the District from July 1, 2010, through June 30, 2014.
· Bills for Payment.
· 2009-2010 Budget Transfers.
· Acceptance of the 2010/2011 allocated gaming money set at $1,469,808.95 to reduce property taxes and set the homestead/farmstead exclusion at the same calculated amount.
· Three year agreement with The PFM Group to develop and personalize a long range budget model at a cost of $6,000.00 a year.
· FY 2010-11 Supply and Equipment bid for art, audio visual, cleaning, maintenance, general supplies, general art, health, industrial arts, physical education, computer and duplicating to the various vendors as listed on the summary report at a total cost of $164,159.40.
· Additions and deletions to the Substitute List.
· Appointment of Rose M. Roberts as Board Treasurer for the term of July 1, 2010, through June 30, 2011.
· New job descriptions for the following positions: Middle School Teacher - Mathematics and English Extensions Program, Alternative Education Teacher, Alternative Education Teacher - Technology, Alternative Education Guidance Counselor, Alternative Education Head Teacher, and Instructional Assistant - Alternative Education, effective May 10, 2010.
· Voluntary transfer of Stephanie Wuchter from Tuesday through Saturday Custodian at Lehigh Elementary School to Monday through Friday Custodian at Siegfried Elementary School, effective May 11, 2010.
· Resignation of Sarah Wascura as Drama Club Co-Advisor and Stage/Lighting Crew Co-Advisor, effective June 14, 2010.
· Unpaid leave for Kendell Milia, English Teacher at the High School, for the period beginning on or about September 10, 2010, through the end of the first semester of the 2010-2011 school year.
· Unpaid leave for Stacei Zancofsky, Nova Net Instructional Assistant at the High School, for the period beginning May 3, 2010 - PM, to on or about June 4, 2010.
· Resignation of Mary Kintz from the position of Temporary One-on-One Special Education Instructional Assistant at Lehigh Elementary School, effective at the end of the day, June 11, 2010.
· Stacie Kolonia as a Natatorium Aide at the Middle School, effective May 11, 2010. Her rate of pay will be $9.74 per hour, with benefits, in accordance with the collective bargaining agreement.
· List of Student Summer Help, along with their compensation rate of $7.25 per hour, from June 14, 2010, through August 20, 2010. The list denotes those students who are pending receipt of acceptable clearances.
· Use of Spanish Interpreter services and Spanish proficient psychologist for a period of up to two years for a cost not to exceed $10,000.
· Adoption of Policy 718 - Service Animals in Schools, and Policy 807 - Flag Salute and Pledge of Allegiance, effective May 11, 2010.