Northampton Area School District
THE MORNING AFTER
A Capsule of the Board of Education's Deliberations and Actions
Regular Board Meeting
May 24, 2010
(Unofficial Summary Subject to Revision)
At the regular meeting of the Board of Education of the Board, students from Siegfried Elementary School performed songs from “School House Rock Live Jr. Mr. Kovalchik presented the Safe School Committee report. Rachel Satow and Alyssa Figura presented the Student Council report.
The Board approved the following:
· Additions and deletions to the Substitute List.
· Termination of temporary assignments for 2009-10.
· Resignation of Nancy Wilkin, Drama Club Co-Advisor at the High School, effective June 14, 2010.
· Extension of unpaid childrearing leave for Amy Gable, Special Education Teacher at Siegfried Elementary School, for the entire 2010-2011 school year.
· Resignation of John Wunderler, Skilled Maintenance Employee for the District, for the purpose of retirement, effective at the end of the day, August 5, 2010.
· Resignations of Stacey Gulick, Linda Messina and Nicholas Mitchell, Marching Band Assistants, effective June 11, 2010.
· New job descriptions for the following positions: K-12 Language Arts (Reading, Writing, Listening, and Speaking) Supervisor and Club Advisor, effective July 1, 2010.
· Professional staff transfers effective with the 2010-2011 school year.
Position Bldg Person Vacating Name From Status
Floating Nurse All Sharon Strohler Jennifer McGlynn GW Voluntary
School Nurse GW Jennifer McGlynn Sharon Strohler All Voluntary
· Christopher Glovas as a Middle Shift (Tuesday through Saturday) Custodian at Lehigh Elementary School, effective May 25, 2010. His rate of pay will be $15.40 per hour, 80% of the current hourly rate, in accordance with the collective bargaining agreement, with benefits.
· Angela Munjone as Math Club Advisor at the High School, effective for the 2nd semester of the 2009-2010 school year, with a stipend of $668.00.
· Attendance of Bobbie Jo Fenstermaker at the PDE Title I State Parent Conference at Seven Springs, PA on June 29, 2010, through July 1, 2010, at a cost not to exceed $727.00. The cost of the conference will be covered through the Title I Parent Involvement funds which have been budgeted specifically for this purpose.
· Electrical change order for Barry J. Hoffman Co., Inc., as part of the new generator project at the Administration Building:
CO-1 - ($3,893.50) - Credit change order to be deducted from the remaining unused allowance balance.
· Athletic ticket prices for the 2010-11 school year as follows:
Senior Citizen Free
Board Secretary (Terry Leh), 1-year term, 7/1/10-6/30/11, $100,000 limit - $1,243.00
Asst. Board Secretary (Patricia Brusko), 1-year term, 7/1/10-6/30/11, $25,000 limit - $88.00
Board Treasurer (Rose Roberts), 1-year term, 7/1/10-6/30/11, $25,000 limit - $150.00
· Depositories for school funds for the 2010-11 fiscal year:
National Penn (KNBT)
Pennsylvania Local Government Investment Trust (PLGIT)
Pennsylvania School District Liquid Asset Fund (PSDLAF)
Pennsylvania Treasurer’s Investment Programs for Local Governments (INVEST)
Susquehanna Patriot Bank
· Bills for Payment.
· Authorization for the Administration to pay final invoices applicable to the 2009-10 budget and to make necessary budget transfers to close the fiscal year in conjunction with Gorman and Associates, P.C., the district’s independent auditor.
· Treasurer’s Report.
· Agreement for Google Message Discovery, Powered by Postini for electronic message archiving at a cost of $8,800 for the period July 1, 2010, through June 30, 2011.
· Expulsion Hearing Waiver for High School student number 2010-08.
· Professional Education Report Midpoint Review.