Northampton Area School District
THE MORNING AFTER
A Capsule of the Board of Education's Deliberations and Actions
Regular Board Meeting
June 28, 2010
(Unofficial Summary Subject to Revision)
At the regular meeting of the Board of Education of the Board, Ms. Erdo presented the CIU20 report. Mr. Gogel presented the Facilities Committee report.
The Board approved the following:
· Revised list of professional staff transfers effective with the 2010-2011 school year.
· Voluntary transfer of Robin Zamadics from Half-Time classroom Special Education Teacher/Half-Time Special Education Lead Teacher to Half-Time Special Education Lead Teacher/District Wilson Reading Instructor, effective August 27, 2010.
· Resignation of Alexandrea Spalding from the position of Kindergarten Teacher at Franklin Elementary School, effective June 14, 2010.
· Anita Mateyak, FBLA Advisor, to accompany 10th grade student Lilyan Urbanczuk to the National FBLA competition in Nashville, TN on July 12-18, 2010, at a total cost to the district of approximately $1,454.00.
· Attendance of Joseph Kovalchik at the CIU20 Superintendents Retreat and Summer Administrative Workshop from August 4-6, 2010, at Split Rock Resort in Lake Harmony, PA at a total cost of $621.50.
· Re-classification of Denise Vilkauskas to the position of Secretary to the Superintendent with an increase of $2,000 in her salary for her duties as Assistant Board Secretary effective July 1, 2010.
· Re-classification of Patricia Brusko to Secretary to the Assistant Superintendent with a reduction of $2,000 from her salary due to a reduction in duties as Assistant Board Secretary effective July 1, 2010.
· Appointment of Denise Vilkauskas as Assistant Board Secretary effective July 1, 2010, with the appropriate bonding as per the School Code.
· List of fall head coaches and assistant coaches with their designated stipends, in accordance with the current collective bargaining agreement, for the 2010-2011 school year, effective July 1, 2010, through June 30, 2011, for the appropriate sport season.
· Authorization for D’Huy Engineering for project design, bid preparation/evaluation and engineering services for the replacement of the failed water heater at Moore Elementary School, including an alternate design and bid to add a total building water softener to eliminate future water system problems. D’Huy Engineering’s fee and services will be based on the current fee schedule approved by the Board in June 2009.
· 2010-11 A la Carte prices for the Lunch Program.
· Authorization to allow Aramark to sell lunches to Our Lady Help of Christians School at $2.70/meal for the 2010-2011 school year.
· Lunch prices for the 2010-11 school year as follows:
Student $1.60 $1.75
Premium $3.00 $3.30
Student Entrée Only $1.35 $1.45
Vegetable $0.50 $0.50
Adult Entrée Only Range $1.50 to $2.75
Student Milk (1/2 pint) $0.45
· Bills for Payment.
· Expulsion for Student Number 2010-09.