Northampton Area School District
THE MORNING AFTER
A Capsule of the Board of Education's Deliberations and Actions
Regular Board Meeting
July 26, 2010
(Unofficial Summary Subject to Revision)
At the regular meeting of the Board of Education, the Board approved the following:
· Resignation of Brandi Christine from the position of Kindergarten Teacher at Moore Elementary School, effective July 7, 2010.
· Resignation of William Keenhold from the position of Hall Monitor at the High School, effective July 8, 2010.
· List of professional staff transfers effective with the 2010-2011 school year.
· Voluntary transfer of Kelly Marhefka from Cafeteria Monitor to Special Education Instructional Assistant at Siegfried Elementary, effective August 30, 2010.
· Resignation of Justina Black from the position of Kindergarten Teacher at Lehigh Elementary School, effective July 21, 2010.
· Resignation of Sara Ertl, Reading Specialist at Lehigh Elementary School, for the purpose of retirement, effective July 31, 2010. Also, approve the waiver of the 120-day notice requirement in order to be eligible for health benefits coverage.
· Resignation of Christine Steigerwalt from the position of Assistant Principal at Siegfried Elementary School, effective the end of the day, September 17, 2010.
· Listing of staff and their compensation for After-School Detention at the high school and middle school and Activity Bus for the 2010-2011 school year (September through the end of the academic year in June). No additional benefits will be provided.
· Additions to the existing list of approved teachers for Extended School Year (ESY) and Chapter 15/Section 504 list for the summer of 2010.
TEACHER BUILDING DEGREE RATE REG/SPECIAL ED
Cyndi Dolan High School Bachelor’s $40.04/hr Special Ed
Michele Rossi George Wolf Master’s $43.95/hr Special Ed
· Kelly Wood, TPE Special Education Teacher at Lehigh Elementary, effective August 27, 2010. Her salary will be $44,156.00, with benefits, based on a BA degree and Step 1, Year 1 of the 2010-2011 salary schedule.
· Mary Ellen Kearns, Health Room Assistant at the Middle School, effective August 30, 2010. Her rate of pay will be $10.12
per hour, with benefits, in accordance with the collective bargaining agreement.
· General construction change order for Bracy Contracting, Inc. as part of the George Wolf Renovation project:
GC-17 - $13,069.94 – Sinkhole repair and restoration completed on a time and material basis on 4/7/10, 5/14/10,
5/25/10, and 6/11/10, COR156 for $11,681.01. Sinkhole repair completed 3/25/10, COR157 for $1,388.93.
· Three (3) year contract with “ET&T” for the period of July 1, 2010 through June 30, 2013 at an annual cost of $17,546.89 to
service, maintain and apply software updates to our District’s phone systems.
· Three (3) year service agreement to Engines Inc. of Northampton, Pa. for the period of July 1, 2010 through June 30, 2013
for service to the District’s emergency generators that include coolant/oil sample analysis and one (1) load bank test per site
during the first year at the following rates:
Year 1 - 2010/2011 Service $4,650.00 + Load bank test $3,800.00 = $8,450.00
Year 2 - 2011/2012 Service $4,650.00 (same price as previous year)
Year 3 - 2012/2013 Service $4,790.00 (3% increase from previous year)
· Real Estate Tax Exonerations:
TAX AMOUNT REASON
L5-1-12, Northampton Area School District 2010 $ 9,225.00 tax exempt entity
· 2010-11 maintenance agreement with ITS Mailing Systems, Norristown PA, for the district folding machine at an annual rate of $1,047.35.
· Contract between the Northampton Area School District and Dr. Kenneth Cressman as the Diversified Occupations Program Supervisor for the 2010-2011 school year. Dr. Cressman will be paid $275.00 per day, plus mileage, for a maximum of 95
days. The contract will terminate on June 30, 2011.
· Bills for Payment
· Renewal agreement with K12 Systems, Inc. of Allentown, for software licensing, support, and hosting at a cost of $87,993.00 for the 2010-2011 school year.
· Treasurer’s Report
· Tax Exonerations.
· Appoint Bob Koch, Jean Rundle and Darin Arthofer as the Board representatives to serve as the Northampton Area School District voting delegates to the PSBA conference in Hershey on Thursday, October 14, 2010.