THE MORNING AFTER
At the regular meeting of the Board of Education, the Board approved the following:
· Professional status and tenure for the following teachers who have completed three years of teaching and have received six satisfactory
High School Middle School Lehigh
Tara Gray Angela Buchman Carolyn Albright
Joanna Kish Beth Fuchs Lori Scheaffer
Neali Feimster Sally Ann Whittaker-Kahan Craig Schutts
Moore George Wolf Borough
Bethany Allen Christopher Bodnar Kristin Hoffman
Nicole Cramer Dana Fentiman Brian McNeal
Sarah Davis Dorothy Kaas Diane Stettler
· LTS special education teacher position at the Middle School for the 2010-2011 school year to be funded out of the Federal IDEA Stimulus Monies.
· Updated job description for the following position: Assistant Superintendent.
· Revised Substitute Lists for 2010-11. Revised list of fall head coaches and assistant coaches with their designated stipends, in accordance with the current collective bargaining agreement, for the 2010-2011 school year, effective July 1, 2010 through June 30, 2011, for the appropriate sport season.
· The following substitute rates for the 2010-2011 school year, effective July 1, 2010:
Instructors - $90.00 for the first 20 days and $100.00 thereafter
Secretaries - $9.98/hour
Instructional Assistants - $7.31/hour
Lunchroom and Hall Monitors - $7.31/hour
Substitute Custodians - $11.11/hour
Substitute Semi-Skilled - $12.50/hour
Security Guards - $12.90/hour
· Revised 9-02-10 list of mentors and payments for the 2010-2011 school year.
· Attendance of Dr. Steven Kachmar at the ASPP Conference in State College, Pennsylvania, October 21-22, 2010, at an estimated cost of $580.50.
· Carrie Beleno, Assistant Principal at the Borough Elementary Schools, effective September 28, 2010. Salary will be $70,000.00 pro-rated, with benefits, and in accordance with the Act 93 Agreement.
· Listing of Traffic Duty Monitors and their hourly rates, at all district buildings, effective retroactive to September 1, 2010.
· Jason Williamson, Accounting Assistant in District Administration, effective October 18, 2010, pending receipt of acceptable Act 151 clearance. His rate of pay will be $17.10 per hour, with benefits, in accordance with the collective bargaining agreement.
· Anne Gordon, Special Education Instructional Assistant at the Middle School, effective September 14, 2010. Her rate of pay will be $10.12 per hour, with benefits, in accordance with the collective bargaining agreement.
· Sherri DeFrain, Special Education Instructional Assistant at George Wolf Elementary, effective September 14, 2010. Her rate of pay will be $10.12 per hour, with benefits, in accordance with the collective bargaining agreement.
· Lora Vaknin, LTS Special Education Teacher at the High School, effective September 14, 2010, to on or about November 16, 2010. Her per diem rate will be $253.49, without benefits, based on a Master’s degree and Step 1, Year 1 of the current salary schedule.
· Policies 141-Cyber Option Program and 620-Fund Balance, effective September 14, 2010. Change order for Johnson Controls as part of the Moore Elementary School ATC project:
CO-1 – ($675.00) – Credit change order to be deducted from the remaining unused allowance balance.
· General construction change order for Bracy Contracting, Inc. as part of the George Wolf Renovation project:
GC-18 – ($3,313.73) – Furnish and install child proof grates (item #1) as noted on RFP GC-43 revised dated 7.8.10 for $2,186.43
(COR-158). Replacement of damaged insulation in pod classroom due to roof leak for ($1,466.20) credit as per AIA CO-01MC.
Replacement of damaged insulation in pod classroom due to roof leak for ($804.00) credit as per AIA CO-02PC. ($3,229.96)
credit for unused GC allowance balance.
· Bills for Payment.
· Dispose of computers and related components by sale to EZ PC Recycling for $1,037.00.