THE MORNING AFTER
At the regular meeting of the Board of Education, the Board approved the following:
· Professional status and tenure for the following teacher who has completed three years of teaching and has received six satisfactory evaluations: Corissa Craig – Moore Elementary School.
· Voluntary transfer of Mary Ellen Kearns from Health Room Instructional Assistant at the Middle School to Health Room Instructional Assistant at Franklin and Siegfried Elementary Schools, effective retroactive to October 18, 2010.
· Resignation of Roseann Sottolano from the position of Cafeteria Monitor at Moore Elementary, effective at the end of the day on October 11, 2010.
· Additions to the District Volunteer master listing for the 2010-2011 school year:
Joshua Haines Athletic
Karen Hosking Borough
Kelly Kauffman Borough
Karen Koplin Borough
Joseph Marsilio Athletic
Aurora Roussel George Wolf
Alvera Sommers Borough
· Resignation of Ryan Pfenning from the position of Special Education Instructional Assistant at the Middle School, effective December 23, 2010.
· Additions and deletions to the Substitute List.
· Mrs. Michelle Newton, advisor of the Northampton Future Educators Association Club, to attend and chaperone four FEA officers at the 2010 Pennsylvania State Future Educators Association Conference on November 8 and 9, 2010. Cost to the District is $100.00.
· Angela Mitchell, Musical instrumental Advisor at the High School, effective for the 2010-2011 school year, with a total stipend of $2,330.00, as per the collective bargaining agreement.
· Donna Teklits to attend The Attendance/Child Accounting Professional Association annual conference on March 9, 10, & 11, 2011, at an estimated cost to the District of $775.00.
· Roster of instructors for the Community Education Program for the 2010-2011 school year
· 3M Library Systems Service agreements for the High School and Middle School libraries at a total cost of $1,508.00 for the period of 12/1/2010 to 11/30/2011.
· Two year extension with Provident Energy Consulting LLC and updated Resolution for the purchase of electricity at the consulting rate of one mil ($.001) per kilowatt-hour.
· Vendor(s) for fuel oil for the 2011-2012 school year as to be recommended by the Northampton/Monroe/Pike County Joint Purchasing Board and to be approved by the Colonial Intermediate Unit 20 Board of Directors at the December 2010 regularly scheduled meeting.
· Letter of Agreement between Northampton Area School District and Colonial Intermediate Unit 20 for the purpose of providing 1) remedial instruction in reading and math to non-proficient students in qualifying non-public schools at a cost of $18,957.00, plus 2) an additional 3% for IU20 administrative services, and 3) $240.00 for parent involvement programming. The funding, in total, is entirely paid for and provided through the Title I grant.
· Tax Exonerations as listed in the Board Packet.
· Bills for payment.
· Treasurer’s Report.
· District’s revised organizational Chart effective October 26, 2010.
· Expulsion Hearing Waiver for High School student number 2010-10.
· Donation from the Northampton Area School District Employee’s Credit Union for Family Consumer Science personal finance textbook resources totaling the amount of $415.33. These resources will be used to enhance student understanding of personal finance.