THE MORNING AFTER
At the regular meeting of the Board of Education, the Board approved the following:
· High School, Middle School, and George Wolf School Improvement Teams to attend the PDE School Improvement Conference, January 11, 12, 13, and 14, 2011 in Hershey, PA at no cost to the district.
· The following additions to the District Volunteer master listing for the 2010-2011 school year:
Tanya Dew Borough
Nichole Hamburg Athletic
Suzanne Schuon Lehigh
· Voluntary transfer of Anthony Messina from 3rd shift Custodian at the High School to Middle Shift Custodian at the Middle School, effective January 17, 2011.
· Resignation of Theresa Kocis from the position of Secretary for Curriculum & Instruction, effective at the end of the day December 10, 2010.
· Additions and deletions to the Substitute List.
· Voluntary transfer of Lynne Yanders from Special Education Secretary to Special Education Head Secretary, effective November 23, 2010. Her rate of pay will be $18.28 per hour, 95% of the current hourly rate, in accordance with the collective bargaining agreement, with benefits.
· Teachers for the elementary after school math program from January 18, 2011, to March, 10, 2011, at the appropriate contracted curriculum rate.
· Jill Hudish, Special Education Instructional Assistant at Lehigh Elementary, effective December 7, 2010. Her rate of pay will be $10.12 per hour, with benefits, in accordance with the collective bargaining agreement.
· Kelly Kauffman, Cafeteria Monitor at George Wolf Elementary, effective December 7, 2010. Her rate of pay will be $10.12 per hour, no benefits, in accordance with the collective bargaining agreement.
· Breann Shuryn, Assistant Cheerleading Coach, effective for the remainder of the 2010-2011 school year, at a compensation of 80% of 75% of the current district supplemental reimbursement, totaling $1,725.00, no benefits, to be pro-rated for second half of the 2010-2011 school year.
· Melinda Roediger, Special Education Instructional Assistant at the Middle School, effective January 3, 2011, pending receipt of acceptable Act 151 clearance. Her rate of pay will be $11.39 per hour, with benefits, in accordance with the collective bargaining agreement.
· J. William Hume attend the High School Professional Development Day Conference in Harrisburg, PA on December 14 and 15, 2010. The approximate total cost to the district is $255.00.
· Attendance of Silke Keeler, District Network Administrator, and Jayne Hartzog, District Instructional Technology Specialist, at the Pennsylvania Educational Technology Expo & Conference in Hershey, PA on February 13-16, 2011 with an approximate cost $1460.00.
· The following new and revised policies, effective December 7, 2010: 104 - Nondiscrimination in Employment and Contract Practices, 248 - Unlawful Harassment, 324 - Personnel Files, 348 – Unlawful Harassment, 424 - Personnel Files, 448 - Unlawful Harassment, 524 - Personnel Files, 548 - Unlawful Harassment, and 707 - Use of School Buildings, Facilities, and Equipment.
· Program of Studies for the 2011-2012 school year.
· The following general construction change orders for Boro Construction as part of the High School Renovation/Additions project:
GC-81 - $4,288.31– RFP GC-305 to repair existing walls per ATP GC-34 and D&M
#6607FJ1 at a cost of $3,292.31; and RFP GC-307 to install a painted GWB soffit in E163
per ATP GC-35 at a cost of $996.
GC-82 - $8,804.64 – RFP GC-308 to install a painted GWB soffit in E141b per ATP GC-36
at a cost of $992.52; and RFP GC-309 to repair existing walls per ATP GC-34 and D&M
#6607FJ2 at a cost of $7,812.12.
· Accept approval from PDE for PlanCon Part K: Project Refinancing for the 2010 Refunding Issue, which refunded the 2003A, 2004 and 2005 Series.
· 2010-2011 Budget Transfers.
· Catalog Fixed Discount Program as awarded by the IU20 Joint Purchasing Board for the period January 1, 2011, through December 31, 2011.
· Bills for Payment.
· The following sixty-month leases with Xerox to upgrade and replace copiers in the District:
- Administration Building – 3rd Floor Model 9201 $725.00/mo.
- George Wolf Elementary Model WCP40 $ 9.30/mo.