THE MORNING AFTER
At the regular meeting of the Board of Education, the Board approved the following:
· Resignation of Pamela Hoffner, Gifted Teacher and Science Teacher at the High School for the purpose of retirement, effective at the end of the day on March 18, 2011.
· Resignation of Brenda Kern from the position of Cafeteria Monitor, effective December 7, 2010.
· Dr. Steven Kachmar and Mrs. Jaclyn Grejda to attend the PDE School Improvement Conference, “Making a Difference – Educational Practices That Work”, January 11-14th, 2011 in Hershey, PA. There is no cost to the district for Dr. Kachmar and Mrs. Grejda to attend this conference.
· Attendance of Ms. Ashley Smith, Assistive Technology Assistant, at the Pennsylvania Educational Technology Expo & Convention in Hershey, PA on February 13-16, 2011, with an approximate cost of $827.20, to be paid out of Federal IDEA Stimulus Monies.
· Extension of unpaid childrearing leave for Kendell Milia for the second semester of the 2010-2011 school year.
· Resignation of Judy Stettler, for the purpose of retirement, effective the end of the day, March 22, 2011.
· The following additions to the District Volunteer master listing for the 2010-2011 school year:
Erin Harris Borough
Jennifer Schwartz Borough
Catherine Youwakim Borough
· Additions and deletions to the Substitute List.
· Janel Strohl, Middle Shift (Tuesday through Saturday) Custodian at Siegfried Elementary, effective January 4, 2011. Her rate of pay will be $16.02 per hour, 80% of the current hourly rate, in accordance with the collective bargaining agreement, with benefits.
· Ashley Smith & Jenna McNees, After Prom Committee Co-Advisors for the High School, effective for the 2010-2011 school year. The annual stipend of $1,092.00 will be shared equally with each receiving $546.00
· Jodi Bealer, Special Education Instructional Assistant at the High School, effective December 21, 2010. Her rate of pay will be $10.12 per hour, with benefits, in accordance with the collective bargaining agreement.
· Mrs. Reinsmith to go on the Magic Kingdom trip to Orlando, FL from April 17 through April 21, 2011. Total cost to district will be $600.00.
· Barbara Watkins, Special Education Secretary in District Administration, effective December 21, 2010. Her rate of pay will be $16.20 per hour, with benefits, in accordance with the collective bargaining agreement.
· Voluntary transfer of Tracey Bartholomew from Class C - General Administrative Secretary to Class B - Secretary for Curriculum and Instruction, effective December 21, 2010. Her rate of pay will be $16.35 per hour, 85% of the current hourly rate, in accordance with the collective bargaining agreement, with benefits.
· Authorize the Administration to submit PDE-3074 – Self Certification
· Application for Non- Reimbursable Construction Projects for the Construction of a Salt Shed at 100 Held Drive, Northampton.
· Authorize the Administration to submit PDE-3074 – Self Certification Application for Non-Reimbursable Construction Projects for the Replacement of Draft Inducers at Moore Elementary School.
· Authorize the administration and the solicitor to negotiate terms and conditions for an Agreement of Sale for the purchase of the Northampton campus of the Bethlehem Area Vocational-Technical School (BAVTS) located at 1417 Laubach Avenue, Northampton, PA 18067 subject to review and approval by the Board.
· Bills for Payment.
· Treasurer’s Report.
· Attendance of Brian Dravecz, Assistant Network Specialist, for Cisco technical training in Bethlehem, PA, from January 10-14, 2011, at a cost of $1865.
· Bids for fuel oil for 2011-12 as awarded by the Northampton/Monroe/Pike County Joint Purchasing Board:
#2 Fuel oil (Tank Transport) @ $2.8254/gal. to East River Energy.
#2 Fuel oil (Consumer Tank Wagon) @ rack plus $0.25/gal to Petroleum Traders Corp.
#87 Unleaded Gasoline @ rack plus $0.25/gal. to Petroleum Traders Corp.
ULS Diesel (Consumer Tank Wagon) @ rack plus $0.25/gal. to Taylor Oil (includes
Off-Road Diesel @ rack plus $0.25/gal. to Petroleum Traders Corp.
Off-Road Diesel winter additive @ $.0175/gal., add-on, to Petroleum Traders Corp.
· Tax Exonerations.
· Gay-Straight Alliance be allowed to meet under the direction of Mrs. Elena Steidinger and Mrs. Ann Snyder, during the school year and
at no expense to the district.
· Expulsion Hearing Waiver for High School student number 2010-13.
· Reappoint the following Northampton Area Public Library Trustees until December 31, 2011, at the recommendation of the NAPL Board of Trustees:
Jane Yagerhofer, 5890 Green Meadow Road, Bath, PA 18014
Daniel A. Belletti, 928 Dogwood Road, Walnutport, Pa. 18088