THE MORNING AFTER
At the regular meeting of the Board of Education, the Board approved the following:
· Resignation William Walakovits, Boys and Girls Assistant Swimming Coach, effective December 18, 2010.
· Extension of unpaid childrearing leave for Meghan Lloyd for the 3rd marking period of the 2010-2011 school year, on or about March 30, 2011.
· Resignation of Raechel Gross from the position Grade 5 Elementary Teacher, effective January 21, 2011.
· The following additions to the District Volunteer master listing for the 2010-2011 school year:
Jonathan Holota Athletic
Robert Madden Band
· Additions and deletions to the Substitute List.
· Revised list of spring head coaches and assistant coaches with their designated stipends, in accordance with the current collective bargaining agreement, for the 2010-2011 school year, effective July 1, 2010, through June 30, 2011, for the appropriate sport season.
· 11-07 - Jamie Rockwell, LTS Special Education Teacher at George Wolf Elementary, effective on or about January 31, 2011, through the end of the 2010-2011 school year. Her per diem rate will be $234.87, without benefits, based on a Bachelor’s degree and Step 1, Year 1 of the current salary schedule.
· Frank Kloiber at the pro-rated substitute teacher rate of $14.81 per hour to assist in the after-school remediation/EAP reading program. The effective date is January 11, 2011 through March 31, 2011. Mr. Kloiber’s salary will be paid by the EAP Grant.
· Adjustment for Tina Ventresca to long-term per diem substitute status, with the per diem rate of $239.13, based on Step 1 of the Bachelor’s +15 column of the collective bargaining agreement. Her effective date is retroactive to November 8, 2010, until the end of her present assignment, which is March 30, 2011.
· Phyllis Berry, Third Shift Custodian at the High School, effective January 17, 2011. Her rate of pay will be $16.02 per hour, 80% of the current hourly rate, in accordance with the collective bargaining agreement, with benefits.
· Lynn Tepes, Cafeteria Monitor at Siegfried Elementary, effective January 11, 2011. Her rate of pay will be $10.12 per hour, no benefits, in accordance with the collective bargaining agreement.
· Adoption and/or revision of the following policies, effective January 11, 2011: 103 – Nondiscrimination in School and Classroom Practices, 122 – Cocurricular/Noncurricular Activities, 440 - Responsibility for Student Welfare, 826 – Record Retention, and 915 - School-Related
Groups/Boosters/Support/Parent Organizations. Approve the deletion of the following policies, effective January 11, 2011: 121 – Extracurricular/Co-Curricular Activities, 122 - Organization of School Related Groups (6:19), and 122 - Charters for Clubs, Organizations, and Teams (6:20). Approve the deletion of Attachments #1 and #2 in Policies 354, 454 and 554 - Pre-Employment Drug Testing, effective January 11, 2011.
· 2009-10 Audit Report as prepared by the local auditors, Gorman & Associates.
· Reimbursement Resolution for the Middle School Project as required under Section 1.150-2 of the Federal Income Tax Regulations.
· Bills for Payment
· 2010-2011 Budget Transfers
· Expulsion Hearing Waiver for High School student number 2010-15.
· Step Team Club be allowed to organize and meet under the direction of Mrs. Anna Zawierucha and at no expense to the District.
· Expulsion Hearing Waiver for High School student number 2010-16.