THE MORNING AFTER
At the regular meeting of the Board of Education, the Board approved the following:
· Addition of Tammy Fox, fitness instructor, to the Spring Session for the Community Education Program for the 2010-2011 school year at no extra cost to the District.
· Memorandum of Understanding between the Northampton Area School District and the Northampton Area Educators Association effective March 29, 2011, and ending May 2, 2011.
· Additions and deletions to the Substitute List.
· Curt Dimmick, Carrie Beleno, Elizabeth Grammes, Katherine Carney, Renee Horwath, and Jennifer Erie to attend the 2011 Implementer’s Forum for Positive Behavior Interventions & Supports, May 18 & 19, 2011, in Harrisburg, PA, with no cost to the District.
· Terry Miller and Sean Pyne to attend the 2011 Alternative Education Conference – “Preparing Students for Lifelong Academic and Social Successes” on May 24 & 25, 2011, in Lancaster, PA, with no cost to the District.
· Summer school instructors and their reimbursement based on the current Supplemental Reimbursement for Extra Services – Curriculum and Instruction. Effective dates for the program will be June 24, 2011, through August 5, 2011. The District anticipates the increase in tuition will pay for this program.
· List of teachers to provide Extended School Year (ESY) and Chapter 15/Section 504 Services during the summer of 2011.
· Collective Bargaining Agreement with the Northampton Area Custodial Association, as presented, for the school years 2011-12 to 2013-14.
· Curtailment and Alteration of Educational Program. Based on BIS 11-161R, the Board concurs with the Superintendent’s recommendations contained therein to (1) Delete the course offerings listed on Exhibit 1 attached to the BIS and to (2) Delete the following programs: Washington’s Crossing alternative education program, the remedial extension programs for Mathematics and English at the Middle School, the RtII program (Response to Instruction & Intervention), the elimination of full day kindergarten at all elementary schools and the elimination of World Languages at the Middle School. Because the curtailment and alteration of the educational program as described in the BIS may result in suspensions of professional employees, the Board directs the Superintendent to submit a request to the Department of Education (PDE) to approve the curtailment and alteration of the educational program. If the curtailment and alteration of the educational program is approved by the Department of Education, the Board will thereafter take final action with respect to implementation of all or any part of the curtailment and alteration of the educational program as approved by the Department of Education effective for the school year 2011-2012.
· Authorization for the administration to submit PlanCon Part J for the High School Project #3179.
· Increase of $5.00 per student parking permit for the 2011-2012 school year. The total amount charged per student parking permit will be $10.00.
· Bids for Paper and Janitorial Supplies, Bid No. NMPCJPB-DP/JS-2011-2012, in the amount of $114,114.18 as awarded by the Northampton/Monroe/Pike County Joint Purchasing Board.
· 2010-2011 Budget Transfers.
· Bills for Payment.
· Total base audit fee of $29,925 with Gorman & Associates, Northampton, to provide Auditing Services for the 2010-11 fiscal year of the General Fund/EIT/and Public Library.
· Resolution which continues the District’s Section 125 Cafeteria Plan Flexible Spending Plan and authorizes the transfer of administrative duties under the Plan from Security Benefit to CBIZ Benefits & Insurance Services, Inc.
· Reaffirm the PSBA Standards for Effective School Governance and Code of Conduct.