THE MORNING AFTER
At the regular meeting of the Board of Education, the Board approved the following:
· Resignation of Cynthia Steed, Student Council Co-Advisor, effective at the end of the 2010-2011 school year.
· Professional staff transfers effective with the 2011-2012 school year.
· Additions and deletions to the Substitute List.
· Professional and support staff transfers effective with the 2011-2012 school year.
· Ms. Jaclyn Welsh, K-12 District Mathematics Supervisor effective July 1, 2011, pending PA principal certification. Her salary will be $70,000, with benefits, and in accordance with the Act 93 Agreement.
· Meghan Starr, School Psychologist, effective July 1, 2011, pending receipt of PA certification. Salary will be $67,000.00, with benefits, and in accordance with the Act 93 Agreement.
· Resignation of Patricia Kozo, Grade 6 Teacher at Moore Elementary for the purpose of retirement, effective June 15, 2011, or the last teacher day of the 2010-2011 school year.
· Seth Lisa, Head Wrestling Coach, effective for the 2011-2012 school year, with 2 years experience, at a compensation rate of 90% of the current district supplemental reimbursement, totaling $8,717.40, no benefits.
· Attendance of Marilyn Detrick at the PA Transition Conference at a cost not to exceed $412.00.
· Amendment to the Collective Bargaining Agreement between the Northampton Area School District and the Northampton Area Educational Support Personnel Association (NAESPA) effective July 1, 2011, through June 30, 2014.
· Nan Guss-Mentzell, Spring Musical Director at the High School, effective for the 2011-2012 school year, with a total stipend of $2,651.00.
· Ann Savkova, Fall Play Advisor at the High School, effective for the 2011-2012 school year, with a total stipend of $2,651.00.
· Adoption of the following new/revised policies, effective June 14, 2011: 318 – Penalties for Tardiness, 418 - Penalties for Tardiness, 509 - Assignment and Transfer, 518 - Penalties for Tardiness, 806 - Child/Student Abuse, 819 - Suicide Crisis Intervention and Postvention, and 908 - Relations with Parents.
· Adoption of the following revised policy, effective June 14, 2011: Policy 405 – Employment of Substitute Professional Employees.
· Tax Exonerations.
· Addendum to the Settlement Agreement and Release for a Special Education Student.
· Contract with Ms. Jeanne Maldonado to deliver Extended School Year Services to a special education student at a cost not to exceed $1,450.00.
· Settlement Agreement and Release for a special education student.
· 2011-12 General Fund Budget with revenues of $81,881,839 and expenditures of $81,881,839. This budget is supported by an increase of .75 mills and the following tax levy:
Act 511 Local Tax Enabling Act:
Per Capita Tax $5.00
Real Estate Transfer Tax 0.5%
Earned Income Tax 0.7%
Section 670 Pennsylvania School Code
Per Capita Tax $5.00
Real Estate Tax 45.75 mills
· 2011 Homestead and Farmstead real estate tax reduction amount at $107.17 with a 2011 Homestead and Farmstead real estate assessed value reduction at $2,342.00.
· Contract with St. Luke’s Physician Group to serve as the District’s provider for medical services at an annual rate of $10,000.00, and to provide sports physicals at a cost to the athlete of $25.00 per physical.
· Bills for payment.
· Expulsion Hearing Waiver for High School student number 2010-26.
· Submittal to PDE the #1) 2011 Middle School – “Getting Results” School Improvement Plan and #2) 2011 High School – “Getting Results” School Improvement Plan.