NORTHAMPTON AREA SCHOOL DISTRICT
THE MORNING AFTER
A Capsule of the Board of Education’s Deliberations and Actions
Regular Board Meeting
June 27, 2011
(Unofficial Summary Subject to Revision)
At the regular meeting of the Board of Education, the Board approved the following:
· Revised job description for School Psychologist, effective June 28, 2011.
· Childbearing/childrearing leave for Jaclyn Grejda for the period beginning on or about November 7, 2011, to on or about March 19, 2012.
· Childbearing/childrearing leave for Krista Maxwell for the period beginning on or about September 1, 2011, to on or about November 23, 2011.
· Resignation of Donald Wright from the position Security Guard at the High School, effective August 20, 2011.
· Resignation of Lacey Snyder, Junior Class Advisor, effective at the end of the 2010-2011 school year.
· Resignation of Nadine Rupp, District-Wide Guidance Department Coordinator, effective at the end of the 2010-2011 school year.
· Resignation of Tara Mrazik, K-12 Business/Information Science Department Coordinator, effective at the end of the 2010-2011 school year.
· Revised listing of Student Summer Help, with the compensation rate of $7.25 per hour, from on or about June 13, 2011, through August 19, 2011.
· Amendment to the Collective Bargaining Agreement between the Northampton Area School District and the Northampton Area Maintenance/Teamsters Local Union #773 effective July 1, 2011, through June 30, 2014.
· Contract with the Confidential Secretaries, as presented, for the school years 2011-12 to 2013-14.
· Textbook Adoptions for the 2011-2012 School Year for a total cost of $126,757.95. All textbook costs are included in the Board approved 2011-12 curriculum budget.
· Agreement for Purchase of Computer Services from Central Susquehanna Intermediate Unit for Business and Personnel software effective July 1, 2011, with approximate annual costs of $44,295.20.
· Adoption of the Amended Earned Income Tax Resolution effective January 1, 2012.
· The following insurances for the 2011-12 fiscal year:
Property and Casualty Utica National $123,241
Boiler and Machinery Utica National $incl above
Automobile Utica National $ 20,466
Umbrella Liability Old Republic Insurance Co $ 20,604
School Leaders Errors
& Omissions School Board Ins. Co. of PA $ 35,321
Workers’ Compensation Amerihealth (Companion) $ 256,026
Fiduciary Liability Chubb-Federal Insurance Co. $ 1,526
Student Accident Monumental Life Ins. Co. $ 22,293
Voluntary School Time (parent paid) $27
Voluntary 24 hour “ $103
Voluntary dental “ $20
· Addendum to the standard contract for Aramark to provide foodservice management for the 2011-2012 school year.
· Increase of five (5) cents in the lunch prices for the 2011-12 school year as follows:
Student $ 1.65 $ 1.80
Premium $ 3.05 $ 3.30
Student Entrée Only $ 1.40 $ 1.50
Vegetable or Fruit Range $ 0.50 to $ 0.55
Student Milk (1/2 pint) $ 0.45
Adult $ 3.50
Adult Entrée Only Range $1.50 to $2.75
· 2011-12 A la Carte prices for the Lunch Program. There is no change in the A la Carte prices for the 2011-12 school year.
· Treasurer’s Report.
· Bills for Payment.
· Elementary Schools Handbook, Elementary Schools Supplemental Information (Building Specific), Secondary Handbooks, Washington’s Crossing Handbook, and Secondary Handbook Sign-Off/ Permission Forms Booklet for the 2011-12 school year, with corrections and pending further discussion on the Washington’s Crossing Handbook.
· Submittal to PDE the #1) 2011 George Wolf - “Getting Results” School Improvement Plan and #2) 2011 District Supplement to NASD “Getting Results” School Improvement Plans.