THE MORNING AFTER
A Capsule of the board of education’s deliberations and actions
Regular board meeting
September 26, 2011
(Unofficial Summary Subject to Revision)
At the regular meeting of the Board of Education, the Board approved the following:
· District Volunteer master listing with noted revisions for the 2011-2012 school year.
· Additional leave of absence for Lataisha Diokmedjian, beginning on or about October 20, 2011, through March 28, 2012, or the end of the third marking period.
· Extension of an unpaid leave of absence for Dale Danner through October 20, 2011.
· Additions and deletions to the Substitute List.
· The following job description, effective September 27, 2011: Secretary – Psychological Services
· Temporary transfer for Linda Reed, as a one-to-one Special Education Instructional Assistant substitute for the 2011-12 school year, effective September 6, 2011. Her rate of pay will be $10.12 per hour for the next eleven (11) pays and increase to $11.19 per hour for the remaining 14 pays, with benefits, in accordance with the Collective Bargaining Agreement.
· The following extra-curricular staff and their stipends for the 2011-2012 school year:
Nancy Wilkin – School Play Business Manager $460.00
Nancy Wilkin – Spring Musical Business Manager $460.00
Pam Kellow – Spring Musical Set Design $894.00
Mary Pritchett – Spring Musical Vocal Director $2,330.00
Gary Pierzga – Student Council Advisor – Siegfried $431.00
Erin Dalton – Yearbook Advisor – Moore $761.00
· Gable’s attendance at the Carbone Clinic in Valley Cottage, NY, October 25-27, 2011, at an
approximate District cost of $300.00.
· Bethlehem Area Vocation School (BAVTS) to use $225,042.24 out of the $1,025,042.24 in excess revenues from the 2010-2011 school year for improvements to the curriculum approved sub-division in Bethlehem Township.
· Berkheimer Outsourcing, Inc., Bangor, to prepare and mail the homestead applications on behalf of Northampton Area School District in accordance with Act 72 of 2004, and Act 1 of 2006, at a rate of $0.284 each in accordance with the proposal.
· Tax Exonerations.
· Dispose of obsolete equipment and components by sale to EZ PC Recycling for $760.00.
· Issuance of General Obligation Bonds, Series A of 2011, in the maximum aggregate principal amount of $14,600,000 to refund a portion of the General Obligation Bonds, Series of 2007 pursuant to the Local Government Unit Debt Act of 1996 and according to the Parameters Based Resolution, as long as the net savings target of 2% can be achieved.
· Issuance of General Obligation Bonds, Series of 2011, in the maximum aggregate principal amount of $14,600,000 to refund a portion of the General Obligation Bonds, Series of 2006 pursuant to the Local Government Unit Debt Act of 1996 and according to the Parameters Based Resolution, as long as the net savings target of 2% can be achieved.
· Treasurer’s Report.
· Bills for payment.
· Letter of Agreement between Northampton Area School District and Colonial Intermediate Unit 20 for the purpose of providing 1) remedial instruction in reading and math to non-proficient students in qualifying non-public schools at a cost of $20,142.00, plus 2) an additional 3% for IU20 administrative services, and 3) $278.00 for parent involvement programming. The funding, in total, is entirely paid for and provided through the Title I grant.
· Law firm of Fitzpatrick Lentz & Bubba, PC located at 4001 Schoolhouse Lane, Center Valley, PA 18034-0219 to represent the School District in any and all matters related to any and all hearings, proceedings or appeals before the East Allen Township Zoning Hearing Board or before any Township or other board or body or before any court of record in connection with East Allen Township Ordinance No. 2010-03 (duly enacted on October 13, 2010). This approval shall authorize the Superintendent of Schools to take all actions necessary to carry out the intent of the Board including but not limited to the signing of attorney representation letters and other actions that need to be taken or have been taken to defend the enactment of the East Allen Township Ordinance No. 2010-03.
· Expulsion Hearing Waiver for Middle School student number 2011-01.