THE MORNING AFTER
A Capsule of the board of education’s deliberations and actions
Regular board meeting
OCTOBER 10, 2011
(Unofficial Summary Subject to Revision)
At the regular meeting of the Board of Education, the Board approved the following:
· Extended leave with benefits for Dale Danner per the Collective Bargaining Agreement between NASD and Teamsters Local Union #773 through April 1, 2012.
· Resignation of Brian Dravecz, Assistant Network Specialist, effective October 21, 2011.
· Leave of absence for Melissa Breidinger, as follows:
1. Paid leave beginning on or about January 2, 2012, to January 10, 2012, per the Collective Bargaining Agreement between NASD
2. Unpaid FMLA leave with benefits per Federal Government regulations January 11, 2012, through April 10, 2012;
3. Unpaid child-rearing leave beginning April 11, 2012, through June 6, 2012, or the end of the teacher work year.
· Leave of absence for Rebecca Wagner, beginning on or about March 16, 2012, through June 6, 2012, or the end of the teacher work year.
· Extension of unpaid leave for Heather Miller through February 24, 2012.
· Resignation of Gina Limpar, temporary one-on-one instructional assistant, effective the end of the day September 26, 2011.
· Resignation, for the purpose of retirement, of Patricia Noga, Benefits Specialist, effective December 30, 2011.
· Resignation of Elizabeth Bernaski, instructional assistant, effective the end of the day December 23, 2011.
· Additions and deletions to the Substitute List.
· Matthew Raysely as a temporary substitute employee of the Maintenance Department at 90% of the Maintenance Salary Rate from July 18, 2011, through April 1, 2012, with benefits included. His rate, per the Collective Bargaining Agreement between the NASD and Teamsters Local Union #773 will be $21.30 per hour from July 18, 2011, through October 15, 2011, and $22.16 per hour effective October 16, 2011, through April 1, 2012.
· Terry Leh to attend the annual PASBO Conference in Hershey, PA, from March 6-March 9, 2012, at an approximate cost of $879.00.
· Tom Hildebrand, Third Shift Custodian at the High School, effective October 11, 2011, pending receipt of acceptable pre-employment drug test results. His rate of pay will be $16.18 per hour, 80% of the current hourly rate, in accordance with the collective bargaining agreement, with benefits.
· The following mechanical change order for Blanski, Inc., as part of Moore’s Chimney Breeching Project:
CO-1 – ($2,970.00) – Credit change order to be deducted from the original contract price.
· The sale of the Northampton Annex to Northampton Area School District for a sale price of $610,000 and authorize the Bethlehem Area Vocational-Technical School Authority, the School Districts herein referenced and the Bethlehem Area Vocational-Technical School to execute any and all documents necessary to conclude the sale.
· Authorize the administration to prepare and solicit annual bids for the following services and supplies: Maintenance/Custodian Supplies, Instructional/General Supplies, Athletic Supplies, Gasoline/Diesel, and Fuel Oil/Natural Gas for FY2012-13.
· 2011-2012 Budget Transfers.
· Bills for Payment.
· Donation of two (2) breakaway basketball rims to the Lehigh Elementary School. The approximate value of the donation is $400.00.
· The 2012 Commencement Ceremony to be held at Stabler Arena.
· The Cancer Awareness Club to organize and meet under the direction of Mrs. Allison Fiorini and at no expense to the District.