THE MORNING AFTER
A Capsule of the board of education’s deliberations and actions
Regular board meeting
OCTOBER 24, 2011
(Unofficial Summary Subject to Revision)
At the regular meeting of the Board of Education, the Board approved the following:
· The following additions to the District Volunteer master listing for the 2011-2012 school year:
Deborah Herstine Moore
Mark Laub Borough
Kris Maiella Moore
Bethany McCall Borough
Dianna Schoenen Moore
Kerri Smith Borough
· Additions and deletions to the Substitute List.
· Job description, effective October 24, 2011: Secretary – Special Education.
· Job description, effective October 24, 2011: Network Analyst.
· Mr. Matthew Decembrino to attend the Student Assistance Services – Project SUCCESS training on October 18, 19, and 20, 2011. Approximate cost to the District is $901.20.
· Ms. Anita Mateyak, advisor of the Northampton FBLA Club, to accompany two FBLA student members to attend the PA FBLA Leadership Workshop on October 23 and 24, 2011. Cost to the District is $182.72 which is included in the 2011-2012 approved Curriculum Budget.
· Aaron Knepp, Temporary One-to-One Special Education Instructional Assistant at Moore Elementary, to receive Health Benefits, per Policy 505, effective October 25, 2011, through June 30, 2012. The costs associated with this position will be paid out of ACCESS funding.
· Rate adjustment for Manal Sankari to short-term substitute teacher status, with a daily rate of $125.00, effective retroactive to September 8, 2011.
· Adjustment for Meredith Foster to long-term per diem substitute status, with a salaried per diem rate of $234.87, effective retroactive to August 29, 2011, through December 1, 2011; and $239.18 beginning December 2, 2011, through February 24, 2012. These rates are based on Step 1 of the Bachelor’s column of the Collective Bargaining Agreement between NASD and NAEA; benefits are not provided.
· The following individuals to fill the duty of Traffic Duty Monitor:
Gabriele Anderson Middle School $12.65/hour through Jan. 6, 2012
$13.16/hour Jan. 9 – end of school year, 2012.
Jarad Haupt Lehigh Elementary $31.55/hour (Sub Only)
· Jamie Rockwell, TPE Elementary and Special Education Teacher at George Wolf Elementary, effective December 19, 2011. Her salary will be $45,163, pro-rated, based on a Bachelor’s Degree, Step 2, Year 2, with benefits.
· Vendor(s) for fuel oil for the 2012-2013 school year as to be recommended by the Northampton/Monroe/Pike County Joint Purchasing Board and to be approved by the Colonial Intermediate Unit 20 Board of Directors at the December 2011 regularly scheduled meeting.
· 3M Library Systems Service agreement for the High School and Middle School libraries at a total cost of $1,448.00 for the period of 12/1/2011 to 11/30/2012.
· Treasurer’s Report.
· Tax Exonerations.
· Bills for Payment.
· Step Team Club be allowed to meet under the direction of Ms. Michelle Costanzo, and at no expense to the district.