THE MORNING AFTER
A Capsule of the board of education’s deliberations and actions
Regular board meeting
December 5, 2011
(Unofficial Summary Subject to Revision)
At the regular meeting of the Board of Education, the Board approved the following:
· The following leaves of absence for Deborah Recker: (a) Paid FMLA, leave without benefits, for medical reasons beginning October 20, 2011, through October 28, 2011, per the Collective Bargaining Agreement between NASD and Northampton Area Security Association; (b) Unpaid FMLA, leave without benefits, per Federal Government regulations, for medical reasons, from October 31, 2011, through November 29, 2011.
· Leave of absence for Trisha Remaley, as follows: (a) Paid leave beginning on or about March 9, 2012, to April 12, 2012, per the Collective Bargaining Agreement between NASD and NAEA; (b) Unpaid FMLA leave with benefits per Federal Government regulations April 13, 2012, through the end of the 2011-12 school year.
· Termination of Lindsey Makos, Spring Musical Choreographer, effective December 6, 2011.
· Half-year sabbatical for health reasons for Patricia Daubenspeck, retroactive to September 7, 2011, through January 27, 2012.
· Additions and deletions to the Substitute List.
· Addition to the District Volunteer master listing for the 2011-2012 school year:
Ryan Kuhns Athletic
· Resignation of Tammy Fox, Head Coach for Cheerleading, effective November 22, 2011.
· Unpaid childbearing/childrearing leave for Jamie Rockwell for the period beginning on or about February 22, 2012, through April 13, 2012, with a return date of April 16, 2012.
· Resignation of Diane Nicrone, Instructional Assistant, effective the end of the day, December 23, 2011.
· Michael Bankes, Network Analyst, effective December 6, 2011. Continued employment is contingent upon receipt of acceptable clearances and drug test results. Salary will be $57,000.00, pro-rated, with benefits, and in accordance with the Act 93 Agreements.
· Position of a temporary 1:1 part-time Instructional Assistant for the remainder of the 2011-2012 school year to work with a kindergarten student with special needs to be funded using IDEA 619 monies with an hourly rate of $10.53 per hour with no benefits.
· Grades 9 – 12 Program of Studies for the 2012-2013 school year.
· Catalog Fixed Discount Program as awarded by the IU20 Joint Purchasing Board for the period January 1, 2012, through December 31, 2012.
· Bills for Payment.
· Donation of an American flag from Mrs. Joyce Raezer. The approximate value of the donation is $120.00.