THE MORNING AFTER
A Capsule of the board of education’s deliberations and actions
Regular board meeting
NOVEMBER 21, 2011
(Unofficial Summary Subject to Revision)
At the regular meeting of the Board of Education, the Board approved the following:
· Resignation of Barry Loch, Lead Custodian, effective July 26, 2012.
· Resignation of Sandra Bundy, Instructional Assistant, effective December 31, 2011.
· Additions and deletions to the Substitute List.
· The following additions to the District Volunteer master listing for the 2011-2012 school year:
Tina Biery Borough
Vikki McMahon Borough
Todd Leibenguth High School Marching Band
· Lindsey Hollan, Temporary One-to-One Special Education Instructional Assistant at Franklin Elementary, to receive Health Benefits, per Policy 505, effective November 22, 2011, through June 30, 2012. The costs associated with this position will be paid out of ACCESS funding.
· Mary Kintz, Temporary One-to-One Special Education Instructional Assistant at Moore Elementary, to receive Health Benefits, per Policy 505, effective November 22, 2011, through June 30, 2012.
· The following extra-curricular staff and their stipends for the 2011-12 school year:
Robert Lawlor – Student Council Advisor – George Wolf Elementary - $431.00
Jennifer Horn – Environmental Club Advisor – George Wolf Elementary - $761.00
· Andrea Wells as a long-term per diem substitute, effective January 2, 2012, pending receipt of acceptable updated clearances. The rate of pay will be a salaried per diem rate of $239.18. This rate is based on Step 1 of the Bachelor’s column of the collective bargaining agreement, benefits are not provided.
· Katie Biechy as a long-term per diem Special Educational Substitute Teacher, effective December 22, 2011, for the remainder of the 2011-12 school year. The rate of pay will be a salaried per diem rate of $239.18. This rate is based on Step 1 of the Bachelor’s column of the collective bargaining agreement, benefits are not provided.
· Creation of a LTS Life Skills Support Special Education Teacher position split between Lehigh Elementary School and Siegfried Elementary School for the remainder of the 2011-2012 school year to be funded out of ACCESS Monies.
· Participation of Mrs. Courtney Schnyderite in the 2012 German American Partnership Program to accompany approximately 24 students to Germany, along with Mrs. April Krempasky and Mrs. Theresa Wenck, for the exchange visit as well as to facilitate the German student visit to our school. Total cost to the District for the total program not to exceed $2,700.00. All costs to the District are included in the Board approved 2011-12 curriculum budget.
· Resolution relating to Act 1 certifying that the Board shall not increase any tax at a rate that exceeds the index as calculated by the Pennsylvania Department of Education for the 2012-13 fiscal year.
· Re-appoint Terry A. Leh as the Primary TCC voting delegate and Rose M. Roberts as the Alternate TCC voting delegate for Northampton Area School District during the 2012 calendar year.
· Treasurer’s Report.
· Bills for Payment.
· Tax Exonerations.
· Donation of the four elementary books entitled Rocks, Jeans, and Busy Machines: An Engineering Kids Storybook from the Emmaus Rotary Club. The approximate value of the donation is $40.00.
· Terms of service agreement with Google, Inc., for communications software licensing, support, and hosting at no cost to the District from December 5, 2011, through December 4, 2015.
· Renewal agreement for Google Message Security and Discovery, Powered by Postini for electronic message archiving at a cost of $8,800.00 for the period July 1, 2011, through June 30, 2012, and renewable annually.
· Revised District Organizational Chart.