THE MORNING AFTER
A Capsule of the board of education’s deliberations and actions
Regular board meeting
JANUARY 9, 2012
(Unofficial Summary Subject to Revision)
At the regular meeting of the Board of Education, the Board approved the following:
· Resignation of Barry Loch, Lead Custodian, for the purpose of super-annuated retirement, effective July 26, 2012.
· Revised job description for School Psychologist, effective January 10, 2012.
· Resignation of Robert Steckel, Head Football Coach, effective December 19, 2011.
· Leave of absence for Janel Strohl, as follows:
1. Paid leave beginning on or about February 23, 2012, to February 27, 2012, as per the Collective Bargaining Agreement between
NASD and Teamsters Local #773.
2. Unpaid FMLA leave with benefits per Federal Government regulations on or about February 28, 2012, through May 16, 2012.
· Resignation of Sherri DeFrain as Instructional Assistant, effective the end of the day December 16, 2011.
· Additions and deletions to the Substitute List.
· Mrs. Maureen Sproul, Acting Principal of the Northampton Area High School until the end of the 2011-2012 school year or the return of Mr. J. William Hume, Principal of the Northampton Area High School, effective January 10, 2012.
· Mr. Robert Steckel as Acting Assistant Principal of the Northampton Area High School effective January 23, 2012, and remain in that position until the end of the 2011-2012 school year or the return of Mr. J. William Hume, Principal of the Northampton Area High School.
· Rachel Elliott, LTS Science Teacher at the Middle School, effective retroactive to December 2, 2011, through the end of the 2011-2012 school year. Her per diem rate will be $239.18, without benefits, based on a Bachelor’s Degree and Step 1, of the current salary schedule.
· Extra-curricular staff and their stipends for the 2011-2012 school year:
Caitlin Donnangelo – Musical Choreographer – High School - $2,330.00
Diane Krogstad – Environmental Club Co-Advisor – Borough - $190.25 – 50% of half-year pro-rated stipend
Quinn Pagano – Environmental Club Co-Advisor – Borough - $190.25 – 50% of half-year pro-rated stipend
· Ms. Anita Mateyak, Mr. Jason Winchenbach, and nine to fourteen FBLA students to attend/compete in the FBLA State Competition and Leadership Conference in Hershey, PA, on April 15, 16, 17, and 18, 2012. Total cost to the District will not exceed $2,842.00. All costs to the District are included in the Board approved 2011-2012 curriculum budget.
· Christopher Erdo, STS Science Teacher at the High School, effective on or about March 16, 2012, through the end of the 2011-2012 school year. His per diem rate will be $125.00, without benefits.
· Submit PlanCon Part K: Project Refinancing for the Series A of 2011 Refunding Issue, which partially refunded the 2007 Series.
· Submit PlanCon Part K: Project Refinancing for the Series of 2011 Refunding Issue, which partially refunded the 2006 Series.
· Amendment A to the Follett Destiny Resource Management Agreement for software licensing, upgrade, and migration with net cost of $6,611.32 and renewable annually.
· Bids for fuel oil for 2012-13 as awarded by the Northampton/Monroe/Pike County Joint Purchasing Board:
#2 Fuel oil (Tank Transport) @ $3.0816/gal. to Petroleum Traders Corp.
#2 Fuel oil (Consumer Tank Wagon) @ rack plus $0.20/gal. to Ports Petroleum Co.
#87 Unleaded Gasoline @ $3.2991/gal. to Isobunkers, LLC.
ULS Diesel (Consumer Tank Wagon) @ rack plus $0.20/gal. to Ports Petroleum Co.
ULS Diesel winter additive @ $0.02/gal., add-on, to Ports Petroleum Co.
Off-Road Diesel @ rack plus $0.0244/gal. to Petroleum Traders Corp.
Off-Road Diesel winter additive @ $0.025/gal., add-on, to Petroleum Traders Corp.
· Fraser Advanced Information Systems and Xerox Corporation to provide leased copier equipment and service to the District for a three-year period, with an optional two-year extension, as noted on the attachment.
· Software General License Agreement with K12 Systems for their Sapphire Special Education IEP Writer/Child Count module at a cost not to exceed $24,000.00 for the initial start up fee and the 2012/2013 school year.
· Budget Transfers.
· Bills for Payment.
· Donated use of the Middle School and High School cafeterias and gymnasiums by the Northampton Area School District for the Dakota C. Galusha Memorial Fund Fourth Annual Basketball Tournament on March 17, 2012, from 8:00 a.m. until 10:00 p.m., and on March 18, 2012, from 8:00 a.m. until 6:00 p.m.
· Expulsion Hearing Waiver for High School student number 2011-05.
· Expulsion Hearing Waiver for High School student number 2011-09.