THE MORNING AFTER
A Capsule of the board of education’s deliberations and actions
Regular board meeting
JANUARY 23, 2012
(Unofficial Summary Subject to Revision)
At the regular meeting of the Board of Education, the Board approved the following:
· Professional status and tenure for the following teacher who has completed three years of teaching and has received six satisfactory evaluations:
· Resignation of Rebecca Rasmussen, Library Instructional Assistant, effective the end of the day January 26, 2012.
· The following addition to the District Volunteer master listing for the 2011-2012 school year:
Stacy Morrow Lehigh
· Adjustment to the Middle School Audio Visual Co-Advisor stipend for Thomas Laputka to $85.76 for the effective dates of August 29, 2011, through November 30, 2011, and approve an adjustment to Jonathan Terry’s Middle School Audio Visual Co- Advisor stipend for the first half of the school year to be $165.24. Mr. Terry will receive the full stipend of $251.00 for the second half of the 2011-12 school year.
· Temporary Special Education Instructional Assistant Substitutes. The rate of pay will be $10.53 per hour, no benefits, in accordance with the approved substitute instructional Assistant rate, per Policy 505.
· Seth Lisa, LTS Social Studies Teacher at the High School, effective retroactive to January 20, 2012, and possibly extending through the end of the 2011-2012 school year. He will be paid $90.00 per day, per Policy 405, without benefits, with salary adjustments to be made retroactively as the assignment extends.
· Annual review of Policy 826 – Record Retention and the Record Retention Schedule.
· Approve KCBA Architects to provide architectural services to the District for the New 6-7-8 Grade Middle School project conditioned upon the negotiation and signing of a Contract for architectural services, which shall be reviewed by the District Solicitor and approved by the Board.
· Donation of three Classroom Response Systems and three LCD data projectors by the Moore Elementary School PTA. The approximate value of the donation is $6,057.00.
· Donation of two multimedia presentation carts by the Lehigh Elementary School PTA. The approximate value of the donation is $5,094.97.
· Agreement with Lehigh University for the rental of Stabler Arena for the 2012 graduation ceremonies at a rate of $7,628.50 plus any actual expenses.
· Treasurer’s Report.
· Bills for Payment.
· Tax Exonerations.
· Expulsion Hearing Waiver for High School student number 2011-10.
· The 2012-2013 NASD School Calendar and faculty meeting dates.
· Formation of the Lehigh Elementary School Knitting Club at no cost to the District.