THE MORNING AFTER
A Capsule of the board of education’s deliberations and actions
Regular board meeting
FEBRUARY 27, 2012
(Unofficial Summary Subject to Revision)
At the regular meeting of the Board of Education, the Board approved the following:
· Unpaid FMLA childrearing leave for Sarah Wascura, with benefits, per Federal Government regulations, for the period beginning on August 27,
2012, to November 20, 2012, and an unpaid childrearing leave beginning November 21, 2012, through the end of the 2012-2013 school year.
· Additions and deletions to the Substitute List.
· The following addition to the District Volunteer master listing for the 2011-2012 school year:
Stefani Kerbacher Athletic
· Jeffrey Brosky, Head Football Coach, effective for the 2012-2013 school year, with the equivalent of 9 years experience at a compensation of 100% of Head Coach stipend, currently $12,744.00 for the 2011-2012 school year, pursuant to the Collective Bargaining Agreement, no benefits, pending receipt of acceptable clearances.
· James Karabasz, Assistant Boys Volleyball Coach, with over 5 years of experience at a compensation rate of 75% of the Assistant Coach stipend, for a total compensation of $1,998.00, with no benefits, pursuant to the Collective Bargaining Agreement between NASD and NAEA effective for the 2011-2012 school year.
· The following list of staff members and their compensation for Intramural programs at the designated building for the 2011-2012 school year:
Name Building Program Compensation
Brian Muschlitz Moore Basketball $11.50/hour
Hillary Hartzell Moore Basketball $11.50/hour
Ann Haldaman-Dremock Moore Basketball $11.50/hour
Nicole Cramer (Substitute) Moore Basketball $11.50/hour
· Award District telecommunication service to Sprint/Nextel Corporation for approximately $24,652.37 annually, beginning July 1, 2012, through June 30, 2013. This amount does not reflect ERate program discounts estimated at $9,854 for the one-year contract term.
· IntegraONE to provide professional services, consultation, and implementation of a Windows 2008 Active Directory upgrade with estimated costs of $8,800.00.
· The following sixty-month leases with Frasier Advanced Information Systems to replace copiers in the District:
- Administration Building – 4th Floor – Sharp Model MX-M623N - $294.50/mo.
- Maintenance Bldg. – Sharp Model MX-3610N - $149.00/mo.
- High School Guidance Office – Sharp Model MX-M283N - $102.28/mo.
- High School Library – Sharp Model MX-M283N - $103.72/mo.
· Adopt the 2012-2013 Colonial IU 20 General Operating Budget in the amount of $2,973,200 with the NASD portion of $38,158.02 required to fund the budget.
· Treasurer’s Report.
· Bills for Payment.
· Resolution, Service Agreement & Plan Document from Security Benefit Corporation to administer the District’s Flexible Benefits Plan for the period of July 1, 2012, to June 30, 2014, at no cost to the District.
· Tax Exonerations.
· Mr. Neil Koch as Northampton Area School District’s representative to the BAVTS Authority for a term of January 1, 2012, to December 31, 2016.
· Reappoint/Appoint the following Northampton Area Public Library Trustees until December 31, 2014, at
the recommendation of the NAPL Board of Trustees:
-Jane Yagerhofer, 5890 Green Meadow Road, Bath, PA 18014
-Daniel A. Belletti, 928 Dogwood Road, Walnutport, PA 18088
-Claudine Smith, 2948 Mountain View Dr., Bath, PA 18014