THE MORNING AFTER
A Capsule of the board of education’s deliberations and actions
Regular board meeting
MAY 7, 2012
(Unofficial Summary Subject to Revision)
At the regular meeting of the Board of Education, the Board approved the following:
· Hillary Hartzell, a paid childbearing leave from accumulated sick personal leave beginning August 27, 2012, through September 28, 2012.
· The list of Professional Staff transfers effective with the 2012-2013 school year.
· Half-year sabbatical for Erin Miller, for the purpose of professional development, for the second semester of the 2012-2013 school year.
· Resignation of Jill Hudish, Special Education Instructional Assistant, effective at the end of the day May 11, 2012.
· An intermittent FMLA leave of absence, with no pay, but with benefits, for Leah Tomecek, per Federal Government regulations, beginning March 21, 2012.
· FMLA childrearing leave for Kendell Milia, with no pay, but with benefits, per Federal Government regulations, for the period beginning August 27, 2012, to November 20, 2012, and an unpaid childrearing leave with no benefits beginning November 21, 2012, through the end of the 2012-2013 school year.
· Additions and deletions to the Substitute Listings for the 2011-2012 school year.
· Rose M. Roberts as Board Treasurer for the term of July 1, 2012, through June 30, 2013.
· The following additions to the District Volunteer Master Listing for the 2011-2012 school year:
Jennifer Faust George Wolf
Cynthia Markle Moore
· Employment Agreement between the Northampton Area School District and Matthew Decembrino as Middle School Social Studies Teacher at a total salary for the 2012-2013 school year of $58,883, with benefits.
· R. Todd Bowser, Athletic Director, effective July 1, 2012. Employment is contingent upon receipt of acceptable clearances and drug test results. Salary will be $75,000, with benefits, and in accordance with the Act 93 Agreement.
· Coy Stampone, Head Boys Basketball Coach, effective for the 2012-2013 school year, with the experience equivalent to 4 years at a compensation of 95% of current district supplemental reimbursement, totaling $10,048.00, and no benefits for the 2012-2013 school year, pursuant to the Collective Bargaining Agreement.
· Daniel Benner, Boys and Girls Cross Country Head Coach, effective for the 2012-2013 school year, with the equivalent of 5 years experience at a compensation of 100% of current District supplemental reimbursement, totaling $5,289.00, and no benefits pursuant to the Collective Bargaining Agreement.
· Ms. Parthenia D. Mungin-Lubin with children Jasmine, Joanna, and Jadah, and Ms. Tonya Seymour with children DeSean and Mekayla to attend the PDE Title I State Parent Conference at Seven Springs, PA, on July 30 – August 1, 2012, at a cost not to exceed $2,020.00. The cost of the conference will be covered through the Title I Parent Involvement funds which have been budgeted specifically for this purpose. There is no cost to the District for this conference.
· Mary Ann Miller and Glen Young, High School science teachers, to accompany five High School students to the University of Pittsburgh campus in Johnstown, PA on May 22 and 23, 2012, to participate in the Northampton County Conservation District Envirothon at a cost to the District not to exceed $400.00. All costs for this competition are included in the Board approved 2011-2012 Curriculum Budget.
· Adoption of the following policy, with attachments, effective May 8, 2012: 915 – School Related Groups/Boosters/Support/Parent Organizations.
· Accept approval from PDE for PlanCon Park K: Project Refinancing for the 2011 Refunding Issue, which refunded a portion of the 2006 Bond Series.
· Accept, with appreciation, the donation of $200 from Dr. Alex Feig, DDS for the Northampton Area School District Dental program.
· Issuance of General Obligation Note, Series 2012 in the amount of $4,720,000 pursuant to the Local Government Unit Debt Act of 1996.
· 2011-2012 Budget Transfers.
· Bills for Payment.
· Amendment to the Charles R. Yeakel, Jr. Memorial Fund to take effect for the graduating class of 2013.
· Expulsion Hearing Waiver for High School student number 2011-19.