THE MORNING AFTER
A Capsule of the board of education’s deliberations and actions
Regular board meeting
JUNE 11, 2012
(Unofficial Summary Subject to Revision)
At the regular meeting of the Board of Education, the Board approved the following:
· Paid childbearing leave for Alana Heller, from accumulated sick and personal leave, beginning March 20, 2012, through April 17, 2012 – AM, a FMLA childbearing/childrearing leave, with no pay, but with benefits, per Federal government regulations, for the period beginning April 17, 2012 – PM, through June 6, 2012, and August 27, 2012, through October 3, 2012 – AM, and an unpaid childrearing leave, with no benefits, beginning October 3, 2012 – PM, through November 21, 2012.
· Katherine Carney, a paid childbearing leave beginning on or about September 7, 2012, through October 19, 2012, and a FMLA childrearing leave, with no pay, but with benefits, per Federal Government regulations, for the period beginning on October 22, 2012, to January 28, 2013.
· Leah Tomecek, a paid childbearing leave beginning on or about September 17, 2012, through September 30, 2012, and remaining FMLA leave, with no pay, but with benefits, per Federal Governmentregulations, for the period beginning October 1, 2012, through December 19, 2012.
· LTS Certified Behavior Analyst position for the 2012-2013 school year at no additional cost to the District.
· Attendance of Lydia Hanner at the State Assessment Transition Process Conference to be held in State College, PA, on June 21, 2012, at no cost to the District. All expenses will be paid by the Pennsylvania Department of Education.
· Revised Student Summer Help, along with their compensation rate of $7.25 per hour effective for the summer of 2012. The listing denotes those students who are pending receipt of acceptable clearances.
· Revised list of teachers to provide Extended School Year (ESY) and Chapter 15/Section 504 Services during the summer of 2012.
· Revised list of special education teachers to complete the IEP process including the writing and holding of the IEP meeting for the summer of 2012.
· Kyle Slee to attend the National Athletic Trainers’ Association Annual Meeting and Clinical Symposia in St. Louis, Missouri, from June 26, 2012, through June 29, 2012, at a total cost to the District of $1,223.64.
· Summer School Security Guards and their reimbursement, in accordance with the Collective Bargaining Agreement. Effective dates for the program will be June 21, 2012, through August 3, 2012.
· Summer School Instructors and their reimbursement based on the current Supplemental Reimbursement for Extra Services – Curriculum and Instruction. Effective dates for the program will be June 21, 2012, through August 3, 2012.
· Anthony Frantz, District Floating Custodian, effective July 1, 2012. His rate of pay will be $16.34 per hour, 80% of the current hourly rate, with benefits, in accordance with the Collective Bargaining Agreement.
· Candy Rosenbauer, LTS Reading Teacher at the Middle School, effective August 27, 2012, through the end of the first semester of the 2012-2013 school year. Her per diem rate will be $261.69, without benefits, based on a Master’s Degree and Step 1, of the current salary schedule.
· Retain current staff for an additional six (6) weeks through August 10, 2012, for the purpose of processing 2011 Earned Income Tax Returns.
· Voluntary transfer of Amy Gable, Special Education Teacher, to Certified Behavior Analyst – One Year Assignment, effective August 27, 2012, for the 2012-2013 school year.
· Adoption of the following revised policies, effective June 12, 2012: 204 – Attendance and 204.2 – Absence for Educational Trip.
· Advantage Engineering to proceed with performing the Geotechnical Engineering to proceed with performing the Geotechnical investigation for the new Middle School project at a cost of $34,185.00.
· Amendment to School Bus Transportation Services Agreement with First Student, Inc., f/k/a Laidlaw Transit, Inc., from July 1, 2012, through June 30, 2016.
· Contract with St. Luke’s Physician Group to serve as the District’s provider for medical services at an annual rate of $10,000.00, and to provide sports physicals at a cost to the athlete of $25.00 per physical, which is the same as the 2011-2012 rate.
· Public Official Bonds through HRH with Fidelity & Deposit Company as the carrier, as follows:
Assistant Board Secretary (Denise Vilkauskas), 1-year term, 7/1/12-6/30/13, $25,000 limit - $88.00
Board Treasurer (Rose Roberts), 1-year term, 7/1/12-6/30/13, $25,000 limit - $150.00.
· Renewal agreement to the standard contract for Aramark to provide foodservice management for the 2012-2013 school year.
· Bills for Payment.
· 2011-2012 Budget Transfers.
· CIU20 contract for the Itinerant Autistic Support/Emotional Support Teacher position for the 2012-2013 school year at a cost not to exceed $80,000.00 to be funded using ACCESS monies.
· Contract for an Approved Private School (APS) teacher to provide Extended School Year (ESY) services not to exceed 24 hours of instruction for a NASD elementary school student attending the (APS) during the summer of 2012.
· Tax Exonerations.
· Middle School and Elementary School Handbooks for the 2012-13 school year.
· Expulsion Hearing Waiver for High School student number 2011-21.