THE MORNING AFTER
A Capsule of the board of education’s deliberations and actions
REGULAR BOARD MEETING
JULY 23, 2012
(Unofficial Summary Subject to Revision)
At the regular meeting of the Board of Education, the Board approved the following:
· Three (3) 1-1 Instructional Assistant positions for the 2012-2013 school year, with salary and benefits in accordance with the Collective Bargaining Agreement between NASD and ESPA. Salary and benefits for these three (3) positions will be paid through IDEA/ACCESS funds with no cost to the District.
· Jose Yunez, Assistant Girls Soccer Coach, with over 5 years of experience at a compensation rate of 50% of the Assistant Coach stipend, for a total compensation of $2,071.00, with no benefits, pursuant to the current Collective Bargaining Agreement between NASD and NAEA effective for the 2012-2013 school year.
· Katie Biechy, LTS Special Education Teacher at the Middle School, effective on or about September 17, 2012, through December 19, 2012. Her per diem rate will be $125.00, without benefits.
· Unpaid FMLA childrearing leave for Allison Figueroa, with benefits, per Federal Government regulations, for the period beginning on August 27, 2012, through November 6, 2012.
· Donation of a Betsy Ross Spinet piano valued at $500 from Mechelle Keller of Zionsville, Pennsylvania.
· Act 34 Booklet and by Resolution authorize a “maximum project cost” of $80,720,752 and a “maximum building construction cost” of $53,346,750 and authorize the District Administration to advertise the Act 34 Hearing scheduled for August 16, 2012, at 6:00 PM at the District Administration Building.
· The following Real Estate Tax Exonerations:
TAX AMOUNT REASON
L5-1-12 Northampton Area School District-2012 $9,563.25 tax exempt
· Treasurer’s Report.
· Letter of Agreement between Northampton Area School District and Community Services for Children, Inc., for the purpose of providing: 1) Complete Preschool Program, modeled after Head Start Preschool Programs, for twenty (20) Northampton Area School District students at George Wolf Elementary School throughout the 2012-2013 school year at a cost of $200,000.00. The funding, in total, is entirely paid for and provided through the Keystones to Opportunity/Striving Readers grant.
· Tax Exonerations.
· Bills for Payment.
· Dr. Baird, Ms. Erdo, and Ms. Miller as the Board representatives to serve as the Northampton Area School District voting delegates to the PSBA Conference in Hershey, PA, on Thursday, October 14, 2012, and allow these delegates to attend the School Leadership Conference in Hershey, PA, from October 16 through October 19, 2012.