THE MORNING AFTER
A Capsule of the board of education’s deliberations and actions
Regular board meeting
SEPTEMBER 10, 2012
(Unofficial Summary Subject to Revision)
At the regular meeting of the Board of Education, the Board approved the following:
· Professional status and tenure for the following teachers who have completed three years of teaching and have received six satisfactory evaluations:
High School Middle School Moore
James Sansone Linda Keller Kristy Young
Kathleen Bendekovits Cynthia Heffley
· Additions and deletions to the Substitute Listing for the 2012-2013 school year.
· Master District Volunteer Listing for the 2012-2013 school year.
· Leave of Absence with pay from sick leave, for Allison Fulmer, beginning August 27, 2012, to October 11, 2012.
· Mrs. Lauren Ezzell and additional chaperone, Mr. Kevin Ezzell, to accompany our High School students to Quebec on June 20-23, 2013. Mr. Kevin Ezzell will apply for the necessary clearances. There will be no cost to the District.
· Resignation of Barbara Gresko, 12-month Secretary, for the purpose of retirement, effective January 4, 2013.
· Termination of Pier Richan from the position of Head Girls Soccer Coach, effective retroactive to September 8, 2012.
· Angela Munjone, After School Detention Monitor, and Ann Harrington, Substitute After School Detention Monitor, at the High School, effective for the 2012-2013 school year (September through the end of the academic year in June), at an hourly rate of $50.15. No additional benefits will be provided.
· All current professional teaching staff employees as potential Homebound Instructors, effective September 4, 2012, through June 30, 2013. In accordance with the current Collective Bargaining Agreement, between NASD and NAEA the hourly rate of pay for homebound instruction is: Bachelor’s Degree - $45.69 per hour Master’s Degree - $50.15 per hour.
· Jeanne Klipple, Instructional Assistant in the Borough Schools, effective retroactive to August 27, 2012. Her rate of pay will be $10.63 per hour, with benefits, in accordance with the Collective Bargaining Agreement between NASD and ESPA.
· The following extra-curricular staff and their stipends for the 2012-2013 school year:
Jason Winchenbach – Yearbook Business Advisor – High School - $1,523.00
Michelle Newton – Computer Liaison – High School - $2,125.00
· All current and 2012-13 newly hired Instructional Assistant employees who hold teaching certificates, as potential Substitute Teachers for their home building at the rate of $90 per day, effective September 4, 2012, through June 30, 2013.
· Advantage Engineers to perform the additional Geotechnical Investigation at a cost not to exceed $3,000.00. This fee will be invoiced through the current approved agreement with Advantage Engineers.
Architect and consultants fee of $21,000.00 to incorporate the design of the extension of the irrigation system to the upper fields and to incorporate the bus-loop turf field alternate in the bids.
The total of the above costs are included in the new Middle School budget that the Board previously approved. The total cost of the new Middle School will remain at $80,720,752.
· Donation of backpacks and clothing, valued at approximately $1,100.00, from Daniel Hill, for the Northampton Area School District students.
· Sixty-month lease with Fraser Advanced Information Systems for the Curriculum Department, Sharp Model MX-3610N at a cost of $170.00 a month.
· The following sixty-month leases with Fraser Advanced Information Systems to replace copiers at the George Wolf Elementary School:
- Teachers Area Sharp Model MX-M950 $345.00/mo.
- Office Area Sharp Model MX-5111N $260.90/mo.
· Bills for Payment.
· Resolution pursuant to the provisions of Act 4 of 2006 that provides for the exemption of certain eligible real farm property from further millage increases beginning with the millage established for the School District fiscal year 2013-14.