THE MORNING AFTER
A Capsule of the board of education’s deliberations and actions
Regular board meeting
SEPTEMBER 24, 2012
(Unofficial Summary Subject to Revision)
At the regular meeting of the Board of Education, the Board approved the following:
· Voluntary transfer of Susan Vrabel from Cafeteria Monitor at Moore Elementary to Cafeteria Monitor at George Wolf Elementary, effective September 25, 2012.
· Resignation of Lucas Morgan as Stage & Lighting Crew Advisor at the High School, effective September 18, 2012.
· Additions and deletions to the Substitute Listing for the 2012-2013 school year.
· The following additions to the District Volunteer Master Listing for the 2012-2013 school year:
Susan Bova Borough
Thomas Dietz Band
Dawn Heckman Moore
· Medical Sabbatical for J. William Hume, In School Suspension Supervisor at the High School, effective for the 1st semester of the 2012-2013 school year, retroactive to September 6, 2012, until January 30, 2013.
· Terry Leh to attend the annual PASBO Conference in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, from March 19 – March 22, 2013, at an approximate cost of $925.00.
· Mentor list including the mentors and payment for the 2012-2013 school year.
· Contract between the Northampton Area School District and Ms. Andra Groller as the Diversified Occupations Program Supervisor for the 2012-2013 school year. Ms. Groller will be paid $500 per student per semester. The contract will terminate on June 30, 2013.
· Jose Yunez, Acting Head Girls Soccer Coach, with over 5 years of experience, for a total pro-rated compensation of $4,668.60, with no benefits, pursuant to the current Collective Bargaining Agreement between NASD and NAEA effective for the 2012-2013 school year.
· Lori Yorke, Cafeteria Monitor at Moore Elementary, effective September 25, 2012. Her rate of pay will be $10.63 per hour in accordance with the Collective Bargaining Agreement between NASD and ESPA.
· PlanCon Part “D” for the “Project Accounting Based on Estimates” and give approval to submit PlanCon Part “D” to the Pennsylvania Department of Education for approval.
· PlanCon Part “E” for the “Design Development” and give approval to submit PlanCon Part “E” to the Pennsylvania Department of Education for approval.
· Berkheimer OneSource, Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, to prepare and mail the homestead applications on behalf of Northampton Area School District in accordance with Act 72 of 2004 and Act 1 of 2006 at a rate of $0.293 each
· Administration to work with PFM for the issuance of General Obligation Bonds, Series of 2013, to refund the School District’s General Obligation Bonds – Series of 2003 for a net minimum savings target of 2%.
· Administration to work with PFM for the issuance of General Obligation Bonds, Series A of 2012, in the approximate amount of $5,000,000 for the purpose of funding a portion of the new Middle School Project.
· Treasurer’s Report.
· Business Office to set up a student activity account for intramural basketball at Col. John Siegfried Elementary School.
· Tax Exonerations.
· Bills for Payment.