THE MORNING AFTER
A Capsule of the board of educations deliberations and actions
Regular board meeting
OCTOBER 8, 2012
(Unofficial Summary Subject to Revision)
At the regular meeting of the Board of Education, the Board approved the following:
· Resignation of Roxann Martuscelli as Cafeteria Monitor at the High School, effective October 2, 2012.
· Resignation of Phillip Haney as Marching Band Assistant at the High School, effective retroactive to July 2012.
· Additions and deletions to the Substitute Listing for the 2012-2013 school year.
· Resignation of Janet Ulshafer, Gifted Instructional Assistant, for the purpose of super-annuated retirement, effective December 31, 2012.
· The following additions to the District Volunteer Master Listing for the 2012-2013 school year:
Michael Broschak Borough
Marie Mensinger Lehigh
· Barbara Watkins as a District Office Secretary for the 2012-2013 school year at a total salary of $24,961.00, from October 1, 2012, through June 30, 2013, with benefits, to be funded by the KTO Grant.
· The following extra-curricular staff and their stipends for the 2012-2013 school year:
Kerri Grube Yearbook Advisor (2nd Semester) Middle School - $958.00
Brittney DeAngelis Stage & Lighting Crew Advisor High School - $1,238.00 (pending receipt of acceptable clearances)
· Ms. Anita Mateyak, advisor of the Northampton FBLA Club, to accompany two FBLA student members to attend the PA FBLA Leadership Workshop on November 4 and 5, 2012. Cost to the District is $194.14, which is included in the 2012-2013 Board approved curriculum budget.
· Adoption of the following new and revised policies, effective October 9, 2012: 123.3 Sudden Cardiac Arrest, 209.1 Food Allergy Management, 210 Use of Medications, 227 Controlled Substances/Paraphernalia, 705.1 Classroom Animal Maintenance/Safety, and 806 Child/Student Abuse.
· Resolution authorizing the Administration and the Solicitor to prepare and file all appeals necessary to classify the property at 1417 Laubach Avenue, Northampton, PA 18067 as exempt from real estate taxes.
· Annual service agreement with AssetWorks, Inc., for database application service, support and maintenance at a cost of $1,350 for the period October 1, 2012, through September 30, 2013.
· Letter of Agreement between Northampton Area School District and Colonial Intermediate Unit 20 for the purpose of providing (1) remedial instruction in reading and math to non-proficient students in qualifying non-public schools at a Title I cost of $12,151.26, (2) 3% for IU20 administrative services, and (3) $123.00 for parent involvement programming. The funding, in total, is entirely paid for and provided through the Title I grant.
· Bills for Payment.
· 2012-2013 Budget Transfers.
· 2013 Commencement Ceremony to be held at Stabler Arena.
· David Gogel as an alternate to serve on the Bethlehem Area Vocational Technical School Operating Committee.