THE MORNING AFTER
A Capsule of the board of education’s deliberations and actions
Regular board meeting
OCTOBER 22, 2012
(Unofficial Summary Subject to Revision)
At the regular meeting of the Board of Education, the Board approved the following:
· Revised listing of Athletic Event Staff for the 2012-2013 school year effective July 1, 2012, through June 30, 2013.
· Memorandum of Understanding between the Northampton Area School District and the Northampton Area Educators Association (NAEA).
· Professional status and tenure for the following teacher who has completed three years of teaching and has received six satisfactory evaluations:
· Updated job descriptions for the following positions: High School Principal and Assistant High School Principal, effective October 22, 2012.
· Bethany Valimont, a paid Childbearing Leave beginning on or about February 1, 2013, through April 3, 2013, and an FMLA Childrearing Leave, with no pay, but with benefits, per Federal Government Regulations, for the period beginning on April 4, 2013, through the end of the 2012-13 school year.
· The following additions to the District Volunteer Master Listing for the 2012-2013 school year:
Angela Green High School
Tammie Keich Borough
· Additions and deletions to the Substitute Listing for the 2012-2013 school year.
· Megan Rehrig, Grade 6 Teacher – Short Term Substitute at Moore Elementary, effective on or about November 27, 2012, through February 15, 2013, at a per diem rate of $125.00, without benefits.
· Long Term Special Education Substitute Teacher positions for George Wolf Elementary, the Borough Schools, and Moore Elementary effective October 23, 2012, through the end of the 2012-2013 school year.
· The following LTS Special Education Teachers, with their per diem rate of pay, effective October 23, 2012, through the end of the 2012-2013 school year:
Breann Williams – George Wolf Elementary - $244.95 – Bachelor’s Step 1
Erik Tracy – Moore Elementary - $261.69 – Master’s Step 1 (pending updated Act 114 and expedited Certification)
William Neal – Siegfried Elementary - $249.20 – Bachelor’s+15 Step 1
· Accept the approval of PDE for PlanCon Part D: Project Accounting Based on Estimates for Project No. 3687, Middle School Construction Project.
· Accept the approval of PDE for PlanCon Part E: Design Development for Project No. 3687, Middle School Construction Project.
· Issuance of General Obligation Bonds, Series of 2012, in the maximum aggregate principal amount of $10,000,000 to refund the General Obligation Bonds, Series of 2008, pursuant to the Local Government Unit Debt Act of 1996 and according to the Borrowing Resolution, as long as the net savings target of 2% can be achieved.
· Administration to prepare and solicit annual bids for the following services and supplies: Maintenance/Custodian Supplies, Instructional/General Supplies, Athletic Supplies, Gasoline/Diesel, and Fuel Oil/Natural Gas for Fiscal Year 2013-2014.
· Issuance of General Obligation Bonds, Series A of 2012, in the maximum aggregate principal amount of $7,000,000 for the purpose of funding a portion of the new Middle School Project pursuant to the Local Government Unit Debt Act of 1996 and according to the Parameters Based Resolution.
· Donation of macramé cords (yarn) from Ms. Candace Dailey for the Northampton Area Middle School that is valued at $120.00.
· Treasurer’s Report.
· Tax Exonerations.
· Bills for Payment.