THE MORNING AFTER
A Capsule of the board of educations deliberations and actions
Regular board meeting
NOVEMBER 5, 2012
(Unofficial Summary Subject to Revision)
At the regular meeting of the Board of Education, the Board approved the following:
· The following additions to the Substitute Listing for the 2012-2013 school year:
Additions to Substitute List:
· The following additions to the District Volunteer Master Listing for the 2012-2013 school year:
Scott Johnson Athletic
Girard Lloyd Athletic
Heidi Sollars Borough
Dawn Vilanova Lehigh
· Resignation of Breann Williams as Special Education Instructional Assistant at Lehigh Elementary, effective November 5, 2012.
· The following staff members to fill the duty of Traffic Duty Monitor at Siegfried Elementary, effective retroactive to October 22, 2012:
Name Hourly Rate
Mary Kintz $10.63
Linda Reed $11.30
Ann Snyder $13.29
· Margaret Schell, Community Education Program Coordinator, effective for the 2012-2013 school year, pending receipt of acceptable Act 151 child abuse clearance. Compensation will be $3,746.00, prorated from November 6, 2012, through June 2013, to $2,497.00.
· Sheryl Lyn Padgett, Special Education Instructional Assistant at Moore Elementary, effective November 6, 2012. Her rate of pay will be $10.63 per hour, with benefits in accordance with the Collective Bargaining Agreement between NASD and ESPA.
· Silke Keeler, District Network Administrator, and Jayne Hartzog, District Instructional Technology Specialist, to attend the annual Pennsylvania Educational Technology Expo and Conference in Hershey, PA, from February 10-13, 2013, with an approximate cost of $1,319.10, which amount is included the 2012-2013 technology budget.
· Adoption of the following revised policies, effective November 6, 2012: 339 Uncompensated Absences, Administrative Employees; 439 Uncompensated Absences, Professional Employees; 539 Uncompensated Absences, Noncertificated Employees; 810 Transportation; 810.1 Drug/Alcohol Testing Covered Drivers; 810.2 Emergency School Bus Procedures; 810.3 Video Cameras on School Buses; 810.4 School Van Usage; and 810.5 School Bus Discipline.
· Re-appoint Terry A. Leh as the Primary TCC voting delegate and Rose M. Roberts as the Alternate TCC (Tax Collection Committee) voting delegate for Northampton Area School District during the 2013 calendar year.
· The following sixty-month lease with Fraser Advanced Information Systems to replace the copier at the Lehigh Elementary School:
Faculty Area Sharp Model MX-M283N - $110.00/mo.
· Donation of a nebulizer (a machine used for asthma treatments) from Mr. and Mrs. Michael Jenkins for the Moore Elementary School that is valued at $50.00.
· 403(b) Plan Document/Adoption Agreement to be in compliance with Internal Revenue Service updates.
· 2012-2013 Budget Transfers.
· Bills for Payment.
· Expulsion Hearing Waiver for High School student number 2012-03.
· Expulsion Hearing Waiver for High School student number 2012-01.
· Expulsion Hearing Waiver for High School student number 2012-02.