THE MORNING AFTER
A Capsule of the board of education’s deliberations and actions
Regular board meeting
NOVEMBER 19, 2012
(Unofficial Summary Subject to Revision)
At the regular meeting of the Board of Education, the Board approved the following:
· Participation of Mrs. Lauren Ezzell and additional chaperones Kevin Ezzell and Julia Kline to accompany our High School students to Quebec on June 20-23, 2013. There will be no cost to the District.
· The following additions to the District Volunteer Master Listing for the 2012-2013 school year:
Karen Dietz Band
Kevin Ezzel High School
Philip Hall Athletic
Julie Sekol Lehigh
Amie Simmons George Wolf
Tashi Smale Borough
· The following addition to the Substitute Listing for the 2012-2013 school year:
Instructional Assistant/Secretary/Cafeteria Monitor:
· Revised 11/6/12 mentor list including the mentors and payment for the 2012-2013 school year.
· LTS Special Education Teachers, with their per diem rate of pay as noted:
Through Dec. 6 Dec. 7 – End of School Year Education Level
Erik Tracy $257.77 $261.69 Master’s Step 1
William Neal $243.44 $249.20 Bachelor’s+15 Step 1
Breann Williams $239.18 $244.95 Bachelor’s Step 1
· Dawn Peipher, LTS Physical Education Teacher at Moore Elementary, effective January 2, 2013, through the end of the 2012-2013 school year. Her salary will be $244.95 per day, based on a Bachelor’s Degree and Step 1, without benefits.
· The following staff members to fill the duty of Traffic Duty Monitor, as needed, at the designated buildings, effective for the 2012-2013 school year:
Name Building Hourly Rate
Jarad Haupt Lehigh $32.97
Jeanne Klipple Siegfried $10.63
Ann Reinhard Franklin $10.63
· The following extra-curricular staff member and stipend for the 2012-2013 school year:
Tammie Partridge Photograph Club – High School $1,238.00
· Updated listing of Winter Coaches, effective for the 2012-2013 school year.
· Instructional Assistant position to support the Emotional Support students at the Middle School for the remainder of the 2012-2013 school year through the use of ACCESS funds.
· KCBA’s fee of $20,600.00 to incorporate the concession stand/restroom facilities building into the alternate bid for the softball field. KCBA’s fee of $4,000.00 to incorporate the documentation for a second additional full sewer planning module for DEP.
· Three (3) year service agreement with Reading Elevator Service, Inc., of Reading, Pennsylvania, for the Administration Building elevator at an annual cost of $3,300, which is a 0% increase, for the period of January 2013 through December 2015.
· Award the Base bid and Alternates #1 and #2 for the replacement of the Administration Building windows to CC, Inc., of Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, in the amount of $189,400.
· Appoint Portnoff Law Associates, Ltd., to collect the 2012 delinquent real estate taxes.
· The following Sixty-month leases with Fraser Advanced Information Systems to replace copiers at the Siegfried Elementary School:
Faculty – 2nd Floor Area Sharp Model MX-M453N $191.00/mo
Faculty – 3rd Floor Area Sharp Model MX-M453N $191.00/mo
Office Area Sharp Model MX-M503N $204.00/mo
· Tax Exonerations.
· Treasurer’s Report.
· Issuance of General Obligation Bonds, Series of 2013, in the maximum aggregate principal amount of $24,000,000 to refund a portion of the General Obligation Bonds, Series of 2003 pursuant to the Local Government Unit Debt Act of 1996 and according to the Parameters Borrowing Resolution, as long as the net savings target of 2% can be achieved.
· Bills for Payment.
· Donated use of the Middle School and High School cafeterias and gymnasiums by the Northampton Area School District for the Dakota C. Galusha Memorial Fund Fifth Annual Basketball Tournament on March 8 – 10, 2013.
· A $1,988 donation from the Moore Township Athletic Association for a new “Nevco Wireless Controller”. The controller is valued at $1,975 + $13 shipping and will be used with the existing Nevco scoreboard at Moore Elementary.