THE MORNING AFTER
A Capsule of the board of education’s deliberations and actions
Regular board meeting
December 3, 2012
(Unofficial Summary Subject to Revision)
At the regular meeting of the Board of Education, the Board approved the following:
· Korinn Cser, a paid Childbearing Leave beginning on or about February 4, 2013, through March 18, 2013, and an FMLA Childrearing Leave, with no pay, but with benefits, per Federal Government regulations, for the period beginning on March 19, 2013, through the end of the 2012-13 school year.
· Unpaid leave of absence for medical reasons, without benefits, for Dusty Eaton, beginning November 29, 2012 – PM, through the end of January, 2013.
· Unpaid Childrearing Leave, with no benefits, for Leah Tomecek through the end of the 3rd marking period of the 2012-2013 school year.
· Additions and deletions to the Substitute Listing for the 2012-2013 school year.
· The following additions to the District Volunteer Master Listing for the 2012-2013 school year:
Jennifer Dymond-Micheli Lehigh
Jason Hartzell Borough
Cullen Mentzell Athletic
· Half-year Medical Sabbatical for Beth Arcury, District Dental Hygienist, effective January 2, 2013, through May 20, 2013.
· Extension of a paid leave of absence for Alison Fulmer, through the end of the third marking period of the 2012-2013 school year.
· Attendance of Mr. John Bendekovits at the Pennsylvania Educational Technology Expo & Conference in Hershey, PA, on February 11-12, 2013, at an approximate cost of $415.28. The amount is included in the 2012-2013 Board approved curriculum budget.
· Lisa King, Special Education Instructional Assistant at Lehigh Elementary, effective retroactive to November 26, 2012. Her rate of pay will be $10.63 per hour, with benefits, in accordance with the Collective Bargaining Agreement between NASD and ESPA.
· The following additions to the Athletic Event Staff for the 2012-2013 school year:
Kelly Backenstoe Ticket Seller/Collector
Dave Remaley Basketball Scorekeeper
Melissa Adams Swimming Intramurals
George Anthony Ticket Seller/Collector
Joseph Augustine Wrestling Scorekeeper
Jeff Brosky Weight Room/Security
Ben Childs Basketball Intramurals
Rich Gierula Weight Room/Security
Colin Kessler Basketball Intramurals
Brandon Kinsey Weight Room/Security
Dennis Roman Weight Room/Security
· Laura Boyko, 12-Month Guidance Secretary, at the High School, effective January 2, 2013. Her rate of pay will be $18.91 per hour, with benefits, in accordance with the Collective Bargaining Agreement between NASD and ESPA.
· Crystal Becker, Library Instructional Assistant at the Middle School, effective January 2, 2013. Her rate of pay will be $10.63 per hour, with benefits, in accordance with the Collective Bargaining Agreement between NASD and ESPA.
· Adjustment for Manal Salet to Long-Term Per Diem Substitute status. Her effective date is retroactive to August 27, 2012, and her per diem rate of pay is as follows:
Through Dec. 6 Dec. 7 – End of 3rd Marking Period Education Level
$239.18 $244.95 Bachelor’s Step 1
· PlanCon Part “F” for the “Construction Documents” and approval to submit PlanCon Part “F” to the Pennsylvania Department of Education for approval.
· The following Fund Balance amounts and classifications:
A. $482,186 for Inventory and $111,748 for PrePaid Expenses as Nonspendable Fund Balance Reserves
B. $2,043,678 for future PSERS rate increases, $885,394 for a new Middle School, $1,200,000 Facility Capital Improvements,
$500,000 for District Wide Technology/Curriculum Purchases, $100,000 for Stadium/Field House Closing Expenses, and $16,779
for OPEB Obligations as Committed Fund Balance Reserves
· 2012-2013 Budget Transfers.
· Bills for Payment.
· Expulsion Hearing Waiver for Middle School student number 2012-05.
· Expulsion Hearing Waiver for High School student number 2012-04.