THE MORNING AFTER
A Capsule of the board of education’s deliberations and actions
Regular board meeting
MARCH 25, 2013
(Unofficial Summary Subject to Revision)
At the regular meeting of the Board of Education, the Board approved the following:
· Craig Schutts, an FMLA Childrearing Leave, with no pay, but with benefits, per Federal Government
regulations, for the period beginning on March 18, 2013, through the end of the 2012-13 school year.
· Resignation of Marni Fehnel as Cafeteria Monitor, effective at the end of the day on March 18, 2013.
· Additions and deletions to the Substitute Listing for the 2012-2013 school year.
· The following additions to the District Volunteer Master Listing for the 2012-2013 school year:
Neali Feimster Athletic
Jarrid Konya Borough
Kevin McGorry Athletic
Kyle Ruff Athletic
Cori Turner Athletic
· Updated roster of instructors and stipends for the Community Education Program for the 2012-13 school
· The following Assistant Coaches with their designated payments and no benefits, effective for the 2012-2013
Jon Holota–Assistant Baseball Coach 80% of 50% Stipend - $1,898.00
William Gillespie–Assistant Track Coach 100% of 87% Stipend - $4,129.00
Craig Landis–Assistant Boys Volleyball Coach 100% of 75% Stipend - $2,181.75
Jason Winchenbach–Assistant Boys Volleyball Coach 80% of 75% Stipend-$1,745.40
· Sara Makovsky, Short Term Substitute Grade 4 Elementary Teacher at Lehigh Elementary, effective
retroactive to March 18, 2013, through the end of the 2012-2013 school year, at the per diem rate of $125.00,
· Elizabeth Diaz, Confidential Secretary to the Business Administrator, effective March 26, 2013. Her salary
will be $9,023.13 for the remainder of the 2012-2013 school year and $34,000.00 for the 2013-2014 school
year, with benefits, in accordance with the Confidential Employees’ Agreement.
· Adoption of the following policies, effective March 26, 2013: 117 – Homebound Instruction and 618 –
Student Activity Funds.
· 2013-2014 Northampton Community College Budget in the amount of $54,440,081 with the NASD portion of
$717,313 required to fund the budget.
· Treasurer’s Report.
· Bills for Payment.
· Tuition rates of $310.00 per two-hour course for resident students and $360.00 per two-hour course for non-resident students for the 2013 summer school program. Tuition costs for courses less than or greater than two hours will be pro-rated.
· Tax Exonerations.
· Customer Agreement with Frontline Technologies for the AESOP Substitute Calling System, effective for the 2013-2014 school year, at a cost of $16,075.00.
· Expulsion Hearing Waiver for Middle School student number 2012-20.
· Expulsion Hearing Waiver for Middle School student number 2012-19.
· Expulsion for Middle School student number 2012-18.
· Adjudication report for Middle School student number 2012-18.