THE MORNING AFTER
A Capsule of the board of education’s deliberations and actions
Regular board meeting
APRIL 8, 2013
(Unofficial Summary Subject to Revision)
At the regular meeting of the Board of Education, the Board approved the following:
· Terry Miller, a paid leave of absence from the use of sick leave beginning February 25, 2013, to April 5, 2013 – AM, and an unpaid FMLA beginning April 5, 2013 – PM, with no pay, but with benefits, per Federal Government regulations.
· FMLA childrearing leave for Kristin Slozer, with no pay, but with benefits, per Federal Government regulations, for the period beginning August 19, 2013, to November 12, 2013, and an unpaid childrearing leave, with no benefits, beginning November 13, 2013, through the end of the first semester of the 2013-2014 school year.
· Half-year sabbatical for Kristin Slozer, for the purpose of professional development, for the second semester of the 2013-2014 school year.
· The following addition to the District Volunteer Master Listing for the 2012-2013 school year:
Georgia Cianci Moore
· Resignation of Maria Rodrigues, Dance Team Advisor, effective at the end of the 2012-2013 school year.
· Revision to Ms. Anita Mateyak’s request for seven FBLA students to attend/compete in the FBLA State Competition and Leadership Conference in Hershey, Pennsylvania, on April 14, 15, 16, and 17, 2013, and the change in chaperones. Total cost to the District will not exceed $2,297.00. All costs to the District are included in the Board approved 2012-2013 curriculum budget.
· Ms. Maria Rodriguez, dance team coach, to chaperone nine (9) students to participate in the Dance Championship Competition to be held in Wildwood, New Jersey, on May 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5, 2013. Cost to the District will be approximately $440.00. All costs to the District are included in the Board approved 2012-2013 high school budget.
· Employment Agreement between the Northampton Area School District and Marilyn Detrick as Middle School Special Education Teacher at a total salary for the 2013-2014 school year of $82,887.00, with benefits.
· Lori Kerper, Cafeteria Monitor at the Middle School, effective April 9, 2013, pending receipt of updated clearances. Her rate of pay will be $10.63 per hour, in accordance with the Collective Bargaining Agreement between NASD and ESPA.
· Frederick Muschko, Cafeteria Monitor at the Middle School, effective April 9, 2013. His rate of pay will be $10.63 per hour, in accordance with the Collective Bargaining Agreement between NASD and ESPA.
· Extension of long term substitute assignment for Manal Salet through the end of the 2012-13 school year. Her per diem rate of pay will continue to be $244.95.
· Jennifer Bauer, Cafeteria Monitor at Lehigh Elementary, effective April 9, 2013, pending receipt of updated clearances. Her rate of pay will be $10.63 per hour, in accordance with the Collective Bargaining Agreement between NASD and ESPA.
· Approval by PDE of PlanCon Part F: Construction Documents for Project No. 3687, the new Middle School construction project.
· Revised approval from PDE for PlanCon Part C: Site Acquisition for the New Middle School Project #3687.
· 2013-14 Bethlehem Area Vocational Technical School General Fund Budget in the amount of $10,301,911 with the NASD portion of $2,265,096 required to fund the budget.
· Bids for Paper and Janitorial Supplies, Bid No. NMPCJPB-DP/JS-2013-2014, in the amount of $73,548.51 as awarded by the Northampton/Monroe/Pike County Joint Purchasing Board.
· Authorize the issuance of General Obligation Bonds, Series A of 2013, in the approximate amount of $20,000,000 for the purpose of funding a portion of the new Middle School Project pursuant to the Local Government Unit Debt Act of 1996 and according to the Borrowing Resolution.
· 2012-2013 Budget Transfers.
· Bids for fuel oil for 2013-14 as awarded by the Northampton/Monroe/Pike County Joint Purchasing Board:
#2 Fuel oil (Tank Transport) @ $3.0945/gal. to Talley Petroleum of Grantville, PA
#2 Fuel oil (Consumer Tank Wagon) @ rack plus $0.1974/gal. to Lehigh Fuels of Whitehall, PA
#87 Unleaded Gasoline @ $3.2837/gal. to PAPCO of Ashton, PA
ULS Diesel (Consumer Tank Wagon) @ $3.2693/gal., plus $0.05/gal. for winter additive, to Talley Petroleum of Grantville, PA
Off-Road Diesel @ rack plus $0.1974/gal., plus $0.025/gal. winter additive, to Lehigh Fuels of Whitehall, PA
· Bills for Payment.