THE MORNING AFTER
A Capsule of the board of education’s deliberations and actions
Regular board meeting
MAY 6, 2013
(Unofficial Summary Subject to Revision)
At the regular meeting of the Board of Education, the Board approved the following:
· Reappointment of Terry A. Leh as Board Secretary for the term of July 1, 2013, through June 30, 2017, at no additional compensation.
· Rose M. Roberts as Board Treasurer for the term of July 1, 2013, through June 30, 2014.
· Resignation of Michelle Newton as YEA (FEA) Advisor, effective at the end of the 2012-2013 school year.
· Resignation of Glenn Fox, Custodian, for the purpose of super-annuated retirement, effective the end of the day July 30, 2013.
· Termination of the temporary assignments effective June 12, 2013.
· Additions and deletions to the Substitute Listing for the 2012-2013 school year.
· Termination of Matthew Raysely, Maintenance Substitute, effective retroactively to the end of the day, April 23, 2013.
· Contract for Mrs. Kyle Slee as the Northampton Area School District’s Athletic Trainer for a term beginning July 1, 2013, through June 30, 2016, which includes an initial salary of $42,872.80, which represents a 2% increase of her 2012-2013 salary, subject to the terms and conditions contained therein including a 2% increase to her salary each year over the length of the contract.
· Listing of Summer School Instructors and Substitutes and their reimbursement based on the current Supplemental Reimbursement for Extra Services – Curriculum and Instruction. Effective dates for the program will be June 26, 2013, through August 8, 2013.
· Genevieve Wilde, TPE Biology Teacher at the High School, effective August 19, 2013, pending receipt of updated Act 151. Her annual salary will be $47,461.00, with benefits, based on a Bachelor’s +15 degree and Step 2, of the 2013-2014 salary schedule per the Collective Bargaining Agreement between NASD and NAEA.
· Leigh Tetor, TPE Physics Teacher at the High School, effective August 19, 2013. Her annual salary will be $46,850.00, with benefits, based on a Bachelor’s +15 degree and Step 1, of the 2013-2014 salary schedule per the Collective Bargaining Agreement between NASD and NAEA.
· Christopher Erdo, TPE Science Teacher at the Middle School, effective August 19, 2013. His annual salary will be $51,016.00, with benefits, based on a Master’s degree and Step 3, of the 2013-2014 salary schedule per the Collective Bargaining Agreement between NASD and NAEA.
· Tresa Bartosh, TPE Chemistry Teacher at the High School, effective August 19, 2013. Her annual salary will be $48,072.00, with benefits, based on a Bachelor’s +15 degree and Step 3, of the 2013-2014 salary schedule per the Collective Bargaining Agreement between NASD and NAEA.
· Virginia Condello, Confidential Benefits Specialist, effective June 17, 2013. Her salary will be $1,370.70 for the remainder of the 2012-13 school year and $34,000.00 for the 2013-2014 school year, with benefits, in accordance with the Confidential Employees’ Agreement.
· Lindsay Kline as School Psychologist Intern with a stipend of $5,000.00 for the 2013-2014 school year.
· Dr. Steven Kachmar, Mrs. Elizabeth Grammes, and Mrs. Alison Lucas to attend the 2013 Implementer’s Forum for Positive Behavior Interventions and Expansions, May 29, & 30, 2013, in Hershey, PA, at no cost to the District.
· Robert Schaffer, Third Shift Maintenance Worker, effective May 7, 2013, with no change to current salary, but with the change to third shift stipend of $.40 per hour.
· Retirement of Robert Peloquin, District Police Officer/Director of Security, effective June 30, 2013, and to end his employment contract per Agreement.
· Adoption of the following policies, effective May 7, 2013: 346 – Workers’ Compensation, 446 – Workers’ Compensation, and 546 – Workers’ Compensation.
· Superintendent of Schools to execute the utility Right of Way documents for the Northampton Area Middle School project, once reviewed by the Engineer and Solicitor as appropriate, and in order to keep the project on schedule.
· Contract between Hess Corporation and the School District and authorize the School Board President and Secretary to sign the Contract on behalf of the District and authorize Robert Yanders to sign the attachments that provide authorizations to Hess and its agents and the District’s utility provider to access information and facilities for purposes of Contract implementation.
· Tax Exonerations.
· 2013-14 Proposed General Fund/Athletic Fund/& Food Services Budget with the total revenues and expenditures listed below and authorize administration to advertise and make the Proposed Budget available for inspection to the public:
General Fund $88,785,952.00
Athletic Fund $ 179,868.00
Food Services Fund $ 2,414,931.00
· Authorize the District Officials to sign the attached agreement, entitled Commerce Bank Activefunds Agreement, between the School District and Commerce Bank.
· 2012-2013 Budget Transfers.
· Bills for Payment.