THE MORNING AFTER
A Capsule of the board of education’s deliberations and actions
Regular board meeting
NOVEMBER 11, 2013
(Unofficial Summary Subject to Revision)
At the regular meeting of the Board of Education, the Board approved the following:
· Resignation of Douglas Fehnel as Assistant Girls Volleyball Coach, effective after the 2013 fall season.
· Resignation of Robert Hock as Assistant Girls Softball Coach, effective October 29, 2013.
· Krista Maxwell, a paid Childbearing Leave beginning on or about March 10, 2014, through May 2, 2014, and an FMLA Childrearing Leave, with no pay, but with benefits, per Federal Government regulations, for the period beginning on or about May 5, 2014, through June 2, 2014.
· Resignation of Rosemarie Perretta as Long Term Substitute Speech and Language Pathologist, effective the end of the day, November 20, 2013.
· The following Support Staff transfers effective January 2, 2014:
Lisa King – Special Ed IA – Moore to Library IA – High School
Aaron Knepp – Special Ed IA – Middle School to Special Ed IA – Moore
· Lacey Snyder, a paid Childbearing Leave beginning on or aboutFebruary 18, 2014, through March 13, 2014, and an FMLA Childbearing Leave, with no pay, but with benefits, per Federal Government regulations, for the period beginning March 14, 2014, through on or about March 28, 2014.
· New job description for Math/Science Supervisor to be effective November 12, 2013.
· Additions and deletions to the Substitute Listing for the 2013-2014 school year.
· The following additions to the District Volunteer Master Listing for the 2013-2014 school year:
Anne Breidenbach Lehigh
Hollie Gibbons Borough
Christopher Greb Borough
Kathleen Hayes-Reph Band
Michelle Hirsch George Wolf
Cecilia Palko George Wolf
Laura Pulieri Borough
· Resignation of Robert Vorholy, Custodian, for the purpose of super-annuated retirement, effective January 10, 2013.
· Courtney Scholl, TPE Speech & Language Pathologist, effective on or before January 13, 2014. Her salary will be $49,198.00, pro-rated, with benefits, based on Master’s degree and Step 1, per the Collective Bargaining Agreement between NASD and NAEA.
· Attendance of Mrs. Alison Lucas and Ms. Melissa Giacometti at the National Association of School Psychologists Convention, scheduled to be held February 18 through February 21, 2014, in Washington, D.C., at an approximate cost of $1,338.00. This amount is included in the 2013-2014 Board approved curriculum budget.
· Participation of Mrs. April Krempasky, Mrs. Theresa Wenck, and Ms. Julia Kline in the 2014 German American Partnership Program (GAPP), which includes accompanying District students to Germany for the exchange visit and coordinating and hosting the visiting German students to our District. Total cost to the District for the program will not exceed $2,700.00. The cost for this program is included in the Board approved 2013-2014 curriculum budget.
· Brian Davies, Assistant Boys Basketball Coach, with 80% experience and 90% of the assistant coach stipend, for a total compensation of $4,231.44, no benefits, pursuant to the current Collective Bargaining Agreement between NASD and NAEA effective for the 2013-2014 school year.
· Stephen Serensits, George Wolf Elementary Principal, effective on or before January 17, 2014, or the last day of the first semester. Salary will be $90,000.00, pro-rated, with benefits, and in accordance with the Act 93 Agreement.
· Transfer of Elizabeth Grammes, Middle School Assistant Principal, to the position of Assistant Principal of the Borough Elementary Schools on or before December 9, 2013, with no increase in salary and in accordance with the Act 93 Agreement.
· Transfer of Jaclyn Welsh, K-12 Mathematics Supervisor, to the position of Assistant Principal of the Middle School on or before December 9, 2013, with no increase in salary and in accordance with the Act 93 Agreement.
· The following extra-curricular staff members and stipends for the 2013-2014 school year:
Rachel Fisher – Yearbook Advisor – Middle School - $1,936.00 (pro rated)
Lori Scheaffer – Flute Choir Advisor – Elementary - $840.00
· Janice Tanzola for a maximum of 15 hours of training to the new High School Secretary at an amount not to exceed $361.00. The cost for this training is included in the Board approved 2013-2014 High School budget.
· Michelle Schoeneberger, K-12 Mathematics and Science Supervisor, effective December 3, 2013, or upon release from her previous employer. Salary will be $75,000.00, pro-rated, with benefits, and in accordance with the Act 93 Agreement.
· Adoption of the following policies, effective November 12, 2013: 405– Employment of Substitute Professional Employees, 823 – Compliance with Employment Eligibility Clearances, 913 – Special Interest Group/Individual Participation in the School Setting, and 916 – School Volunteers.
· Reappoint Terry A. Leh as the Primary TCC voting delegate and Rose M. Roberts as the Alternate TCC voting delegate for Northampton Area School District during the 2014 calendar year.
· Bills for Payment.
· Donation of four (4) EpiPens from Mylan Specialty Company for each school in the Northampton Area School District, valued at $3,301.44.
· Expulsion Hearing Waiver for High School student number 2013-03.
· Expulsion Hearing Waiver for High School student number 2013-02.