THE MORNING AFTER
A Capsule of the board of education’s deliberations and actions
Regular board meeting
JANUARY 27, 2014
(Unofficial Summary Subject to Revision)
At the regular meeting of the Board of Education, the Board approved the following:
Robert Britton Scoreboard Operator (Wrestling)
Ian Diehl Athletic
Craig Landis Athletic
Laura Tiers George Wolf
· Resignation of Stefanie Shockley per letter of resignation dated January 9, 2014, and Agreement.
· Community Education Spring roster of instructors and stipends for the 2013-2014 school year.
· Candice Pinto, Short Term Substitute Special Education Teacher at the High School, effective on or about February 24, 2014, through the end of the 2013-2014 school year, at the hourly rate of $18.02, without benefits.
· Michael Glassic, Assistant Baseball Coach, with 80% experience and 50% of the assistant coach stipend, for a total compensation of $1,917.60, no benefits, pursuant to the current Collective Bargaining Agreement between NASD and NAEA effective for the 2013-2014 school year.
· Colleen Satkowski, Short Term Substitute Reading Specialist at Moore Elementary, effective on or about March 10, 2014, through the end of the 2013-2014 school year, at the hourly rate of $18.02, without benefits.
· Ronald Morey, Jr., Custodian at the Middle School, effective January 28, 2014. His base rate of pay will be $16.54 per hour, 80% of the current hourly rate, with benefits, in accordance with the Collective Bargaining Agreement between NASD and Teamsters Local 773.
· The following extra-curricular staff members and stipends as follows:
for the Second Semester of the 2013-2014 school year:
Suzanne Ott - Head Teacher – Siegfried (2/18/14 to 4/25/14) - $ 765.00
Carol Cunningham - Head Teacher – Siegfried (1/24/14 to 2/13/14 and 4/28/14 to 6/5/14 - $
for the 2013-2014 School Year:
Rachel Fisher - Yearbook Advisor – Middle School (100%) - $1,936.00
Melissa Jamicky - Student Council Advisor – Middle School (100%) - $2,571.00
Suzanne Rockovits - Yearbook Advisor – Lehigh (75%) - $ 630.00
Jennifer Fulfaro - Yearbook Advisor – Lehigh (25%) - $ 210.00
Carolyn Albright - Environmental Club – Lehigh (100%) - $ 840.00
· Stefani Kerbacher, Assistant Softball Coach, with 80% experience and 50% of the assistant coach stipend, for a total compensation of $1,917.60, no benefits, pursuant to the current Collective Bargaining Agreement between NASD and NAEA effective for the 2013-2014 school year.
· Revised mentor list dated January 23, 2014, including the mentors and payment for the 2013-2014 school year.
· Treasurer’s Report.
· Approval of Preliminary Budget for 2014-2015. That the School Board does approve the preliminary budget for fiscal year 2014-2015; the Revenues and Expenditures are as follows:
General Fund - $91,349,344
Athletic Fund - $173,569
Food Service Fund - $2,381,657
The preliminary budget has been made available for public inspection at least twenty (20) days prior to adoption and public notice of the Board’s intent to adopt the preliminary budget has been given at least 10 days in advance pursuant to Act 1 of Special Session of 2006.
Approval to seek Exceptions. That the School Board does hereby authorize the administration to seek approval from the Department of Education (Department) for certain exceptions allowed under Act 1, that if approved by the Department, will allow the School District to increase the rate of tax levied for the support of its schools during fiscal year 2014-2015 by more than the index allowed under Act 1 of Special Session 2006. The Board’s intent to seek exceptions shall be advertised in a newspaper of general circulation and on the District’s publicly accessible internet site at least one week prior to submitting the request to PDE.
Authorization to advertise the intent to seek Exceptions: That the School Board does hereby authorize the administration to give notice in a newspaper of general circulation and on the School District's internet site (website) of the District’s intent to seek approval from the Department for exceptions.
· Vendor(s) for fuel oil for the 2014-2015 school year as to be recommended by the Northampton/
Monroe/Pike County Joint Purchasing Board and to be approved by the Colonial Intermediate Unit 20 Board of Directors at their March 2014 regularly scheduled meeting.
· Tax Exonerations.
· Bills for Payment.
· 2014-2015 school calendar and 2014-2015 building faculty meeting dates.