THE MORNING AFTER
A Capsule of the board of education’s deliberations and actions
Regular board meeting
APRIL 14, 2014
(Unofficial Summary Subject to Revision)
At the regular meeting of the Board of Education, the Board approved the following:
· Resignation of Michele Orsulak, Itinerant ESL Teacher at the High School and Middle School, effective April 4, 2014.
· Mr. Sansone and approximately thirty (30) students and four (4) chaperones to travel to New York, NY, on April 19, 2014. There will be no cost to the District.
· Resignation of Veronica Bocian as Fall Play Advisor, effective April 1, 2014.
· Resignation of Glenn Kane, Custodian, for the purpose of super-annuated retirement, effective August 22, 2014.
· Current special education teachers to complete the IEP process including the writing and holding of the IEP meeting for the summer 2014.
· Resignation of Lindsay Fly as Dance Team Advisor, effective May 5, 2014.
· The following additions to the District Volunteer Master Listing for the 2013-2014 school year:
Laura Basara George Wolf
Michele Scott-Joseph Lehigh
Andrew Snyder Athletic
Melissa Hawk High School
Karen Hein High School
Cheryl DiGiacomo High School
Marjorie Moncada High School
Mary Fries High School
Judy Odenwelder High School
Sharon Skrapits High School
Donna Pinsley High School
Claudine Smith High School
· Additions and deletions to the Substitute Listing for the 2013-2014 school year.
· Resignation of Melissa Monteith as K-12 Language Arts Supervisor, effective June 30, 2014.
· Felicity Hahn-Panovec, 12-Month School Psychologist, effective July 1, 2014. Her annual salary will be $67,000.00, with benefits, and in accordance with the Act 93 Agreement.
· Summer School Instructors and their reimbursement based on the current Supplemental Reimbursement for Extra Services – Curriculum and Instruction. effective dates for the program will be June 23, 2014, through July 31, 2014.
· Three (3) year service agreement with Solo Pest Control of Walnutport, PA for an annual cost of $4,320.00 with a 0% increase over the three (3) year period. Effective date: June 1, 2014 – May 31, 2017.
#2 Fuel oil (Tank Transport) @ $2.9915/gal. to Talley Petroleum of Grantville, PA
#2 Fuel oil (Consumer Tank Wagon) @ $3.3928/gal to PAPCO of Ashton, PA #87 Unleaded Gasoline @ $2.938/gal. to Talley Petroleum of Grantville, PA ULS Diesel (Consumer Tank Wagon) @ $3.2148/gal., plus $0.0495/ gal. for winter additive, to PAPCO of Ashton, PA
Off-Road Diesel @ rack plus $0.23/gal., plus $0.02/gal. winter additive, to Lehigh Fuels of
the applicable years of the settlement.